Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
diggergards

Re: Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Post by diggergards » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi all,

I joined the forum a couple of weeks back and have read through this whole thread.

I love my carp fishing and had yet to venture out much since moving to Eastern Suburbs. But over the last few weeks - i have had some spare time and started to try some small local places.

My fav so far has been Berwick Springs, i ventured there the other day with a friend, just to test the area.
Had a great few hours with a few bites and 1 fish, and an enjoyable time.

I am yet to try the creek as am unsure as to areas that would be best to try (advice would be great)

Loving this thread and wish you all well
Attachments
Carp.jpeg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:48 pm

diggergards wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi all,

I joined the forum a couple of weeks back and have read through this whole thread.

I love my carp fishing and had yet to venture out much since moving to Eastern Suburbs. But over the last few weeks - i have had some spare time and started to try some small local places.

My fav so far has been Berwick Springs, i ventured there the other day with a friend, just to test the area.

I am yet to try the creek as am unsure as to areas that would be best to try (advice would be great)

Great first post mate!
Nice fish and welcome :)

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Welcome aboard! I notice you joined eleven days ago...must have taken you that long to read the thread!!!!!! I can't help you with the area but someone will.
Cheers
Jim

skeets
Has liked: 2 times

Post by skeets » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 pm

I continue to be in awe of your carping skills CC love this “blog”

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:49 am

Cornacarpio you just keep amazing with the carping skills.
Luckily....or unluckily....I have not seen a carp on the Yarra for a while now. To be fair I have not specifically targeted them though.
And with the clean out of TNA I have not been back down there to see what may or may not have happened.

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:21 pm

skeets wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 pm
I continue to be in awe of your carping skills CC love this “blog”
I think my biggest 'skill' is patience ;-)

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:35 pm

Bit of a change of pace from last outing (My arms are still sore from the last session :P ). Headed up to a local pond, where despite the near perfect conditions, the Carp weren't very receptive to my offerings. I was literally walking home when I spotted a Carp in another section, and thought "OK, I'll give this one last crack before I leave". Unlike the previous hour or two spent on the watercourse, the Carp in this particular spot was very receptive to my bait - devouring it almost straight away. As I trudged off to take happy snaps, I heard the reel on my other rod zing. After not getting a bite all day, I suddenly had two in a minute! While I didn't get another 80cm model, if you add them together...

It's always good to read the positive comments on my Carp crusade, and I hope it's been as entertaining reading it as it has been to catch them. Hopefully I have inspired some fellow anglers to go down to their local waterway and catch a Carp or two...

+2

2018/19 Season: 68 (1701)

The use of the right bait (or lure), correctly presented on an appropriate hook size and pattern, is probably the most important single factor on all forms of successful fishing: yet is the one most casually observed by the majority of aspiring anglers.

Encyclopedia of Australian Fishing (1979), Bay Books Pty. Ltd.,157-167 Bayswater Rd, Rushcutters Bay, NSW vol 1, pp.7-8
Attachments
52821673_2217719201583533_89625865704439808_n.jpg
52725428_2360984340587572_8608840668669804544_n.jpg
52874816_302997640408035_5069975276771868672_n.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:47 pm

A couple of nice ones :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:01 pm

diggergards wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi all,

Nice fish mate

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:03 pm

Cornacarpio wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:35 pm
Bit of a change of pace from last outing (My arms are still sore from the last session :P ). Headed up to a local pond, where despite the near perfect conditions, the Carp weren't very receptive to my offerings. I was literally walking home when I spotted a Carp in another section, and thought "OK, I'll give this one last crack before I leave". Unlike the previous hour or two spent on the watercourse, the Carp in this particular spot was very receptive to my bait - devouring it almost straight away. As I trudged off to take happy snaps, I heard the reel on my other rod zing. After not getting a bite all day, I suddenly had two in a minute! While I didn't get another 80cm model, if you add them together...

It's always good to read the positive comments on my Carp crusade, and I hope it's been as entertaining reading it as it has been to catch them. Hopefully I have inspired some fellow anglers to go down to their local waterway and catch a Carp or two...

+2

2018/19 Season: 68 (1701)

The use of the right bait (or lure), correctly presented on an appropriate hook size and pattern, is probably the most important single factor on all forms of successful fishing: yet is the one most casually observed by the majority of aspiring anglers.

Encyclopedia of Australian Fishing (1979), Bay Books Pty. Ltd.,157-167 Bayswater Rd, Rushcutters Bay, NSW vol 1, pp.7-8
Nice pair mate

Return to “Other Species”