Redfin locations? (Melbourne & Surrounds)

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
FreeSpool

Re: Redfin locations? (Melbourne & Surrounds)

Post by FreeSpool » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:39 am

T_C Fishing wrote:There doesn't seem to be many fish in Taylors Lake at the moment. Either I was fishing in the wrong spot or I wasn't using the right bait. (I was using corn and cheese and was fishing of the pier just off the playground.) I was however getting some bites though.
Next time you go try using a float setup about 25cm between float an hook with the smallest hook you have & bread as bait.
You should catch some small (10-15cm) carp & roach.
Play ground area is fine just burly up a little.

Weedle

Post by Weedle » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:08 pm

I'm a Taylors Lakes boy too! Never even thought about fishing there though...
All the gear.... No idea :down:

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 am

We tried float rigs with corn and used corn as burley as well. We caught some little bait fish with a bait trap and used them as well. (we caught the turtle on these fish). We were getting bites on a paddernoster rig baited with corn and cheese but my friend put hooks which were way too big so no hookup. Birds are a huge problem in the pier area though as they kept eating our bait and attacking our float rig. Might go back one day and use different types of bait like scrub worms and also look around the lake for better spots.

Prawnboy

Post by Prawnboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Weedle wrote:I'm a Taylors Lakes boy too! Never even thought about fishing there though...
Hahah I experiment there from time to time. Caught eels from there at night, and 2 baby reddies on soft plastic lures (but not off the main jetty near the playground, I was fishing along the water down the path towards maccas and the little swamps). I've seen people pull out carp too using bread.

There are heaps of tiny shrimp and baitfish under that jetty and if you bring a flashlight at night you can lean over and see their red eyes whilst they're feeding on the moss stuff that grows. I've tried them as bait at night (managed to net a few) and got bites but no hookup.

Good luck

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:36 pm

If you can get them one of the best baits for carp reddies etc is maggots use pollard for burley mixed with water into golf ball size little nuggets a little often.

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:16 am

Anyone ever catch trout at taylors?

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 am

No?

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Update: Went to Taylor's lake on the weekend. Water quality looks terrible as it is turbid and had a strange smell. I tried bread and a float and my friend tried a bottom rig with corn and we had no bites or action whatsoever. The 2 swans that live there had babies which were attacking our float and our line. Some kid was watching us fish and managed to step on my friends rod bending the eyelet completely till the point where its almost coming off. All I can say is that our experience at Taylor's Lake wasn't a good one and it wont be a while till we visit it again.

JackBomback

Post by JackBomback » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Anyone been to Taylor's lake recently?

Which one is the best to fish? I'm thinking of trying the lower one near Macca's.

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:24 pm

Still any reddies left in taylors lakes? Cant seem to find any good redfin spots in melbourne....

Return to “Other Species”