Lorne pier tomorrow arvo

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Milk man

Lorne pier tomorrow arvo

Post by Milk man » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm heading to lorne tomorrow morning for work and will be staying the night so naturally I'll be taking the rods.. Hopefully I'll finish work mid afternoon so I'll basically be fishing from then til 9:30ish with a high tide at 8:26 and a gentle 6-8 knot southerly blowing.. Unlike last time I was down this way for work (Wye river) where I didn't get a chance to fish due to the weather, tomorrow is looking like great conditions!
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

nhillboy

Re: Lorne pier tomorrow arvo

Post by nhillboy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Good luck, hope you land one or three or 10. :lolf: Did you take a long handled landing net or a net on a rope. Long way down to the water. :lolf:

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Good luck, if you're not getting anything off the pier I'd suggest fishing the Erskine river with unweighted bread, caught plenty of bream this way and there's also a lot of places where you can easily sight cast them.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:57 pm

TrevKing wrote:Good luck, if you're not getting anything off the pier I'd suggest fishing the Erskine river with unweighted bread, caught plenty of bream this way and there's also a lot of places where you can easily sight cast them.
Yeah I've read there's good numbers of bream there.. Might even try that before hitting the pier
nhillboy wrote:Good luck, hope you land one or three or 10. :lolf: Did you take a long handled landing net or a net on a rope. Long way down to the water. :lolf:
I'm leaving in the morning mate :lolf: .. I'm not gunna be keeping any fish so if a couple fall off on the way up then that's ok lol
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

Taff123

Post by Taff123 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 am

How recently are the reports on the bream?

The last few times I've been the Erskine river looks dead.

Thanks

azkay

Post by azkay » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:39 am

I do a bit of fishing out that way as well. If you have any surf gear with you clean water between Lorne and Apollo Bay produce good numbers and sizes of Salmon too. Have a good trip & good luck :)
Az.

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”