Lorne pier/erskine river 2/12

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Milk man

Lorne pier/erskine river 2/12

Post by Milk man » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Just got home from my work trip to Lorne so thought I'd throw a report up.. Finished work at 3 and headed to the tackle/hardware store (I didn't know there wasn't a dedicated tackle shop in Lorne lol).. Grabbed some squid and made my way to the erskine.. I set up on the board walk right next to the caravan park and straight away I was getting picked apart by the huge amount of small bream in the system.. I also threw a hard body around and sometimes there was 5-6 10cm bream following.. I only had one reasonable hit on the lure.. I gave it an hour without a fish and then headed to the pier.. The 6 knot winds that were supposed to be there turned out to be a consant 12-14 knot that was there the whole time I was fishing :down: .. First baits down were smashed straight away and I thought the bream must have followed me lol.. I got talking to a local who was squiding and he caught 2 in 2 casts while we were chatting.. I've never caught squid before so I said to him, if you get another one next cast then I'll put a jig on.. Sure enough he did, so I did and my first cast I caught my first squid! Ended up with 7 all up (kept 1 for bait and let the rest go)

The white jig did all the damage

M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

SFP Guy.

Re: Lorne pier/erskine river 2/12

Post by SFP Guy. » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Nice work Milkman!

Been ages since I've fished Lorne Pier, I'll have to do it again soon.

Cam.

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”