lorne reports

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
nickfish

Re: lorne reports

Post by nickfish » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:05 pm

i went to lorne pier yesterday to see if it was bussy and when i got to the pier there was about 8 people fishing mabie a bit more when i got there people were catching fish so i baited up got some berly going i was getting bites and then it all changed. a seal came and scared everything away for the next 4 hours i saw 4 fish get landed and they were all with surf rods casting out away from the pier. i finished fishing and i saw that the fish shop was open so i bought 6 squid for 12$ as they were packing up. my orginal plan was to go from the surf but once i got my rods out of the car i relised i forgot to bring my surf real! stupid me at least it payed of with getting a bargain of squid from the shop

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:51 pm

So heading down to Lorne tomorrow, for 5 days or so, plan to give the beach in front of town a couple of cracks seeing as I can just stroll over from where we are staying.

Anyone been catching anything around there lately? I'm planning on spinning for sambos on dusk then throwing a bait or two out for a gummy after dark. Not hugely hopeful but I just enjoy being out there.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Scraglor wrote:So heading down to Lorne tomorrow, for 5 days or so, plan to give the beach in front of town a couple of cracks seeing as I can just stroll over from where we are staying.

Anyone been catching anything around there lately? I'm planning on spinning for sambos on dusk then throwing a bait or two out for a gummy after dark. Not hugely hopeful but I just enjoy being out there.
According to Ray Longs fishing report from Geelong, they are getting Salmon right along the great ocean road and have alot of success casting Slugs like Sea Irons

rogs

Post by rogs » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 am

They're catching heaps of Grass Whiting in the pier at the moment using prawn as bait.

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:23 am

Cheers guys, I might pop down to the pier one arvo and give it a crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azkay

Post by azkay » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:52 am

Scraglor, the rock ledges after the pier and the sand patches in between them have good numbers of Salmon swimming up and down the gutters at the moment. The ledges furthest into water produce the best for me. I just put bait in the clean, dark patches with a sinker heavy enough to hold bottom depending on the conditions..
Az.

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Very interested in these reports, thanks blokes.
I,m spending a few days at Lorne in a cupla weeks so look forward to anything you come up with Scrag.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks for the help guys, threw a metal around off the pier for 45 mins for one sambo approx 35cm. Will turn him into gummy bait tonight.

There were people dropping nets for crabs off the end for buckets and buckets of them, not sure what the limits are on crabs but they had a lot. Also a few other sambos, grass whiting and ljs pulled up while I was there, was pretty slow going on the whole tho. I'll give it a better bash tomorrow.

I'm going to see if anything is about off the beach in front of town tonight maybe the rocks there, although it looks quite shallow so I'm not too hopefull.

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:06 am

So looks like the beach in front of town is quite shallow for quite a way out. Not being a surf caster I didn't like my chances so tried the rocks to the right.

The only bit that looked fishable was full of surfers, gave it a crack further along but it was snag city. Think I got one decent bite, but got reefed straight away.

Also, Azkay, when you say the rocks to the right of the pier, do you mean the ones you can see from the pier or are they further around? The ones visible from the pier look a bit hairy haha. I have a couple of hours to kill before lunch so might pop down to the pier again, and check the rocks out if nothing's happening

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:08 am

hornet wrote: tourists asking "have you caught anything" every 5 minutes
Walking back up Gunnamatta with about 20kg of salmon on a string, a lady no sh1t asks carl 'did you catch those fish?!'

No, they are delivered into the dunes by a magical salmon fairy that we trade the cuttle fish we collect on the way up the beach for salmon with.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”