Back in business

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Matty H

Back in business

Post by Matty H » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:58 am

After a long hiatus, nearly 3 years, having built a house and spent far more time towing horse floats than I otherwise would have chosen, I finally got back on the water in my boat. Fished Saturday off Torquay, worked hard for 3 good calamari off Whites beach, and once the westerly settled fished off Bells for 4 flatties to 45cm. Luxury launch n retrieve with no swell. Boat didn't miss a beat. Not a pinky to be seen, probably fished to deep for whiting.
Good supportive area, other fishos launching happy to offer advice, no bad vibes.
Cheers, Mat.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Back in business

Post by Mattblack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:10 am

Welcome Mat...where are you launching from?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:36 am

Good too hear your back.

Matty H

Post by Matty H » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 pm

Launched at fishos, high tide and west wind easy combo, just jumped the boat in, and had enough angle on the beach with no swell to not have to unhook the trailer to retrieve later on. Fishing out of a 4.75m baymaster with a 75 2stroke.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Matty H wrote:Launched at fishos, high tide and west wind easy combo, just jumped the boat in, and had enough angle on the beach with no swell to not have to unhook the trailer to retrieve later on. Fishing out of a 4.75m baymaster with a 75 2stroke.
Nice,what time vechile you have?
Any mods on trailer for beach launching

Matty H

Post by Matty H » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:21 pm

4wd triton ute, trailer, apart from generous amounts of rust....., is a standard dunbier, but I have a custom bolt on wheel, very wide wheelbarrow wheel which is hooked onto draw bar, trailer pushed out into deep enough water to winch boat on, then simply towed out with a good long snatch strap. Adds 10 minutes n worth it every day of the week. Have seen plenty of nice shiny 4wd's dig down to their door seals rolling the dice with retrieval. Bit of a trap, as the launch process is deceptively easy.

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”