Any ledges around?

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
AA Fishing

Any ledges around?

Post by AA Fishing » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:34 pm

looking for a ledge to fish near 13th beach
Last edited by AA Fishing on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Any ledges around?

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:37 pm

What about location? Willing to travel anywhere?

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Jervis Bay, its a little bit of a drive though

Windknot
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Windknot » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Open up Google maps and opt for the actual aerial view format. Now zoom in enough so you can see details of the coast. Work your way along the coastline on Google maps looking for places where the rocks drop away to a clear, sandy bottom, without there being too many rocks in close. Most of the spots you will find, will be completely fishable. You might have to mark the places on an ordinary road map, so you don't forget them. I've found heaps of great spots using this method. Be careful though, as some spots will be right up against cliff faces, which can become dangerous in rough conditions and at high tide. I've been caught out myself and had to spend a few hours perched halfway up a cliff, waiting for the tide to recede.

The good spots will be obvious.

AA Fishing

Post by AA Fishing » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:37 pm

thanks everyone!!

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Windknot wrote:Open up Google maps and opt for the actual aerial view format. Now zoom in enough so you can see details of the coast. Work your way along the coastline on Google maps looking for places where the rocks drop away to a clear, sandy bottom, without there being too many rocks in close. Most of the spots you will find, will be completely fishable. You might have to mark the places on an ordinary road map, so you don't forget them. I've found heaps of great spots using this method. Be careful though, as some spots will be right up against cliff faces, which can become dangerous in rough conditions and at high tide. I've been caught out myself and had to spend a few hours perched halfway up a cliff, waiting for the tide to recede.

The good spots will be obvious.

Thanks for that!
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”