Jan Juc beach

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
wazdog

Re: Jan Juc beach

Post by wazdog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Hey ante,at low tide you can see some flat rocks right on the waterline,I fished the right edge of the rocks .At low tide you can walk out to the sandbar,be careful as the tide comes in as the backwash around the rocks can carve a bit of a channel and may drag you out a bit if you're not aware.I used surf rods with 20lb braid with 5-10mtrs of 30lb mono,seemed to get a decent cast in.Also tie your soft baits like pillies on with bait elastic or they'll come off during the cast.If fishing at night use glow sticks for your rod tips so you can see what's going on, can get packs of 20 from reject shop or similar for a coupla bucks,also headlamps are a good thing,better than the old torch,also fairly cheap these days depending on the quality. Try and fish when the swell and wind aren't too big or you'll have trouble with baits holding out and obviously lose distance if its not offshore wind.This beach can get busy during the day with surfers and swimmer's so would recommend night fishing,if you can otherwise just have a go,hope this helps. Cheers

wazdog

Post by wazdog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Forgot to say take a few lures with you as the salmon go alright sometimes too.☺

ante552

Post by ante552 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:54 pm

wazdog wrote:Hey ante,at low tide you can see some flat rocks right on the waterline,I fished the right edge of the rocks .At low tide you can walk out to the sandbar,be careful as the tide comes in as the backwash around the rocks can carve a bit of a channel and may drag you out a bit if you're not aware.I used surf rods with 20lb braid with 5-10mtrs of 30lb mono,seemed to get a decent cast in.Also tie your soft baits like pillies on with bait elastic or they'll come off during the cast.If fishing at night use glow sticks for your rod tips so you can see what's going on, can get packs of 20 from reject shop or similar for a coupla bucks,also headlamps are a good thing,better than the old torch,also fairly cheap these days depending on the quality. Try and fish when the swell and wind aren't too big or you'll have trouble with baits holding out and obviously lose distance if its not offshore wind.This beach can get busy during the day with surfers and swimmer's so would recommend night fishing,if you can otherwise just have a go,hope this helps. Cheers
Awesome thanks heaps.
I think this fruday night i might swing in and give it a crack

wazdog

Post by wazdog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Good luck mate,hope you catch some.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm

wazdog wrote:Thanks guys,had no joy with the screen shot so got the missus on the job with striplet's suggestion.
Nice gummy

ante552

Post by ante552 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:04 pm

wazdog wrote:Good luck mate,hope you catch some.

Thanks bud

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”