Barwon River and Sheepwash 19/7/2013

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Plushy

Barwon River and Sheepwash 19/7/2013

Post by Plushy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi All ,
My Mate and I had a RDO Friday so decided to head down to Barwon River to fish Low Tide and the incoming tide . We setup on the Small pier on the western side near the Bridge and fished there for 3 hours . Mate was using pilchards on a Surf Rod setup and Squid on General Purpose spinning setup and I tried Soft plastics on my Daiwa 3 to 7Kg Spin outfit , had no action except for a accidental gut hook on a small aussie salmon . My 3" Gulp minnows kept losing there tails and my mates pilchards and squid disappeared but no hook ups so we moved to Sheepwash but with the weather getting worse ( heavy rain) and nothing biting after an hour there we called it a day and headed home . Will definitely give it another go when the weather is a bit nicer :water: .

cheers James .

Fish-Hunter

Re: Barwon River and Sheepwash 19/7/2013

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Keep trying the spot , till you catch .

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Barwon River and Sheepwash 19/7/2013

Post by CarlG » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Plushy wrote:Hi All ,
My Mate and I had a RDO Friday so decided to head down to Barwon River to fish Low Tide and the incoming tide . We setup on the Small pier on the western side near the Bridge and fished there for 3 hours . Mate was using pilchards on a Surf Rod setup and Squid on General Purpose spinning setup and I tried Soft plastics on my Daiwa 3 to 7Kg Spin outfit , had no action except for a accidental gut hook on a small aussie salmon . My 3" Gulp minnows kept losing there tails and my mates pilchards and squid disappeared but no hook ups so we moved to Sheepwash but with the weather getting worse ( heavy rain) and nothing biting after an hour there we called it a day and headed home . Will definitely give it another go when the weather is a bit nicer :water: .

cheers James .
Good report mate, keep at it...

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”