Barwon heads/river

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
fishfan

Barwon heads/river

Post by fishfan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 am

Hey all so me and the lads went for a bit of a fish with out the handbreaks/funbusters down to barwon heads saturday and sunday fished the river with the tinnie as it was a bit rough to venture out caught a lot of very small aus salmon and a few good size leather jackets. same results when we had a surf fish of the night salmon and more samon but small :fishing:
IF FISHING IS A SPORT
I'M AN ATHLETE

GONE FISHING

Re: Barwon heads/river

Post by GONE FISHING » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Hey mate,

I have a small boat and always wanted to follow shortly the river but wasn't sure. Where abouts in the river did you fish and how was the current?

Also, did the wind create much chop/issues?

fishfan

Re: Barwon heads/river

Post by fishfan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 am

Hey Gone fishing yhea the current is pretty quick so if you are having a crack for whiting you need a bit of weight on your line to get it to stay in one spot we fished just north of the boat ramp and talking to the other blokes there thats where they say they catch all sorts of fish ie mullet,trevelly salmon the odd jew fish we have a small tinnie to so you can get out the heads all depends on the swell and if you do get out its like a candy store of fish lots of fun and can catch lots of species, the wind was strong but did not cause that much of a issue just got a little wet when we were going back to the boat ramp from the heads :gone:
IF FISHING IS A SPORT
I'M AN ATHLETE

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”