Pt. Lonsdale

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
mkb600

Pt. Lonsdale

Post by mkb600 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 am

Hey guys,

First post here. Very new to fishing in Victoria, decided to head down to point Lonsdale yesterday just before sunset for a quick fish and some exploration. Managed to catch 6 Australian Salmon of whole pilchards, with the biggest going at 42 cm. Lost a lot of gear to snags while the tides where moving.

All in all, good signs and the pier seems very promising!

Cheers

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Pt. Lonsdale

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:42 am

:welcome: to the site mkb600. Well done on your catch. Point Lonsdale is a great pier with a great view that does produce a lot of fish but it does tend to cost alot in lead, there are alot of snags.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 am

end and right side of the pier is Kelp City with Kelp farms on the roof. They steal and eat terminal tackle. :rofl:

The left side is OK but if the tide is running, weed fish are annoying. Nice cala, big salmon, KGW and even snapper can be caught from the pier. Can be productive sometime and dead most of the time.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:25 pm

You boys forgot to mention Sharks..... Some of the local/regulars target sharks there........

azkay

Post by azkay » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Welcome to the site, thanks for sharing! Was the pier packed?
Az.

mkb600

Post by mkb600 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 pm

I was fishing on the left hand side around halfway up, it was very very busy at the end, and even after I arrived more people came later and there where people fishing all the way to the start of the pier. However, only 4 of the guys managed to catch anything on the Pier, the rest spent their time snagged.

yellow15

Post by yellow15 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:39 am

Wats the new pier look like?

Have they changed it like lorne or just made it stronger

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”