Airies Inlet Lure Captures

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
ian_underthesea

Airies Inlet Lure Captures

Post by ian_underthesea » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:10 pm

I was determined to catch my first bream on SPs today, so decided to head to Airies Inlet from Geelong this morning and ended up staying all day! The weather was cloudy and windy, which was encouraging. Surprisingly for this time of year, there were no other people fishing.

There were heaps of bites right away, some decent, some pickers (salmon, mullet and mud skippers). I started with a Zman 2" grub in motor oil colour with s-factor on too. My first bream fell to this combo.

I decided to change to a blood worm coloured grub on a 1g weedless jighead and it was SMASHED by this fella who fought awesomely, trying to brick me on the little jetty even though I hooked him near the opposite bank!

I also caught my first fish on a vibe and hard bodies but not nearly as exciting as the bream... Am absolutely hooked on chasing these guys on lures now :-D

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Airies Inlet Lure Captures

Post by sloth » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Awesome, mate! Nice breambo - second one looks a nice size - did you measure him up?

Bream on SP is also on my to-do list this year ... So far only been getting them on the strike pro micro vibe .... Great little vibe around structure - but looks like you know that ;)

Now you have had some success hunting them on lure there is no going back :) Welcome to the dark side.

ian_underthesea

Post by ian_underthesea » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:42 pm

sloth wrote:Awesome, mate! Nice breambo - second one looks a nice size - did you measure him up?

Bream on SP is also on my to-do list this year ... So far only been getting them on the strike pro micro vibe .... Great little vibe around structure - but looks like you know that ;)

Now you have had some success hunting them on lure there is no going back :) Welcome to the dark side.
Cheers mate! I wasn't going to keep any fish and wanted to get him back in quick, so no measure sorry. Ata guess, 32 but fought like 40!

The micros are good little lures but the cranka deep minnow is in a league of its own

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Congrats mate looks like an awesome day, the mudskipper on the lure just made my day hahahaha
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Nice work! I love it down there.
Those mudskippers can get annoying... heres one I got from the same river last year :bounce:
144.JPG
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

snapperslayer

Post by snapperslayer » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Top effort mate, and well done on doing something which seriously takes a lot of effort & time.

You are well and truly hooked now :-D

rixter

Post by rixter » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Good catch , looks like a baby Goby or Tupong .

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

ian_underthesea

Post by ian_underthesea » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks a lot guys. Confidence is under-rated and that's what has happened after finally landing a couple: I got some. Thank-you to the members on here who so generously share their successes and learning. You guys have inspired me to have a go when I thought Victoria was a boring fishery prior to joining up here. I hope to be in a position to share what I have learned on this forum as I catch more fish.

Going to Cape Conran and Mallacouta in January, so stay tuned for some hopefully entertaining East Gippsland reports :-D

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:04 am

Mate, you're already helping by posting up reports. When I started breamin it was so frustrating - reading about others having the same issues and overcoming them kept me at it. I'm by no means a long way into the journey only a few breambos under my belt but it's sooooo addictive. Keep at it - it only gets better and when you start getting nice fish on lure where you 'expect' them to be its awesome. The days where it all comes together are why I keep giving it a crack :)

biggar

Post by biggar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 am

It's amazing how many times ive driven past aireys inlet
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”