Barwon Heads River - Ozone Jetty Report 09/02/14

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
bigwal

Re: Barwon Heads River - Ozone Jetty Report 09/02/14

Post by bigwal » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Good place to catch live bait for kings.

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:05 pm

I love fishing the Barwon river, the diversity of fish in it is second to none.
Living so close I fish it regularly but it still amazes me with what turns up.
I was fishing there recently roughly 4km's upstream and got a small gummy, second one I've seen that far up only because my mate got one too the same night.

Injekti0n

Post by Injekti0n » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 pm

I never knew their are gummy sharks in their, does the river usually produce them? Im also curious how the surf fishing is like over their.

vikodin

Post by vikodin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Injekti0n wrote:I never knew their are gummy sharks in their, does the river usually produce them? Im also curious how the surf fishing is like over their.
Mate I've fished the river for years and that's the first 2 gummies I've seen in the river. They do come in around the mouth but if you were after gummies the beaches here are way more productive.
The surf beaches from Pt Lonsdale to Lorne are bloody awesome for sharks on the tide changes, if you fish the right conditions.
That's my favourite form of fishing.

There are some great salmon beaches and platforms all along the coast here too, some are better than others though.

Injekti0n

Post by Injekti0n » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Mate i posted in the VIP section recently about my Jan Juc salmon spot, i definitely agree on what you said :D

AussieAssault

Post by AussieAssault » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:49 am

Went yesterday after work. Conditions werent ideal as the tide was heading out and the weed was hampering us a lot. Spent a couple of hours at Sheepwash off the bank on squid but didn't get a thing, didn't see anything else caught either other than a bloke of the jetty snag a seagull which took him a good halfa to free. Then moved around to Ozone area and again came up donuts. Tried some chicken hereas well as the squid.

Going to have to try and line up work to coincide with the low to incoming tides so I can fish the area in ideal conditions. Still a nice spot to drop a line.

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”