Moggs creek, Lorne pier

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Re: Moggs creek, Lorne pier

Post by Yota » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:35 am

szero25 wrote:
Yota wrote:
Misheen wrote:Ray
I thought of that but the consensus between the brains trust on the pier with me was that it was too fast for a Ray,,
Skate will often go for a run like that as well, the shark you described sounds like a swell shark, pretty common catch around there.
Ok thanks I'll check that out

viclovesfish

Post by viclovesfish » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:58 am

this might be sound stupid question, but can you stay overnight in the pier and bring sleeping bag? was planning to go there to fish ovenight.. thanks

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:28 pm

viclovesfish wrote:this might be sound stupid question, but can you stay overnight in the pier and bring sleeping bag? was planning to go there to fish ovenight.. thanks
Definitely, there was a few groups arrived when we were packing up at 7pm and were still there at 5 the next morning when we came back.
There is lighting all the way along the pier and even a few rod holders built into the side rails. Right at the end of the pier is a cleaning station with bench space and running water.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm

If Im driving 2 odd hrs from melbourne, you can bet your sweet behind Im gonna nap on the pier when the fish are quiet. Especially if I have a prime position! Old Ken, who is well known local at Lorne pier has his own custom made shelter made from blue tarp and an aluminium frame, which is a pretty nifty invention for keeping the elements out!

I can remember sleeping there for a couple of nights after falls festival a few years back. With the bbq and worksite radio going it was like a party on the water haha :cheers: :banana:
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:23 am

I was on Lorne pier last Sat, saw a guy using hoopnet then walked over and told him it's prohibited during 15/09 ~ 15/11 and showed him on his booklet where the codes are. The guys thanked me and went away quickly with the net LOL

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 am

ingeer wrote:I was on Lorne pier last Sat, saw a guy using hoopnet then walked over and told him it's prohibited during 15/09 ~ 15/11 and showed him on his booklet where the codes are. The guys thanked me and went away quickly with the net LOL

Some people use a hoop net at lorne pier to land fish as its quite high from the water line. Did he have bait in the hoop net?
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:48 pm

lol that would of been a expensive fishing sessions for a few of them

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:35 am

shazdoggg wrote:
ingeer wrote:I was on Lorne pier last Sat, saw a guy using hoopnet then walked over and told him it's prohibited during 15/09 ~ 15/11 and showed him on his booklet where the codes are. The guys thanked me and went away quickly with the net LOL

Some people use a hoop net at lorne pier to land fish as its quite high from the water line. Did he have bait in the hoop net?
Yeah of coz he did, but still, the hoop net is prohibited during the period..

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:11 pm

I wasn't aware of this regulation, why are the hoop nets banned for that period ? I always have one when I go to Lorne pier for landing fish.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”