Swan bay jetty

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Hird

Re: Swan bay jetty

Post by Hird » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm

vikodin wrote:
aussie_fisho wrote:Nice fish vikodin, there is very little area to fish around swan bay because of the marine park thats one of the reasons I don't fish it, also was the fish taken landbased or boat?
That was land based, lakers cutting its a man made cutting connected to swan bay so you can legally fish there.
Its just as if not more shallow than swan bay, I was fishing an unweighted live crab so the cast only went 15-20m out and into about 50cm of water.

The rest of swan bay apart from a decent sized channel through the guts of it and the pier is as you said marine sanctuary.
That's one of the reasons I love kayak fishing, so many more options.

If you can get a spot at least 2\3rds down swan bay jetty and put a 70m cast out in the direction of Melbourne. It should put you in 1-1.5m, plenty deep enough.

Cheers, is the pier busyish midnight to sunup?
And i should be able to get out that far,
What would expect to get?
Thanks again

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Swan bay jetty

Post by bowl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:00 pm

The jetty is in pretty isolated area, every time i fished it has never been over crowded.
swan-bay.jpg
swan-bay.jpg (36.67 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
Just noticed they have put a boat Jetty to tie up boats..about time, wish they had this at kirks point ramp.
swanbayboatramp.jpg
swanbayboatramp.jpg (20.19 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”