Fishing report Lorne

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
nafa

Fishing report Lorne

Post by nafa » Thu May 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi all, spent the last two days down at Lorne Pier, Jump Rock, off the beach and other perches into the drink and have the following report. No salmon, not a sniff apart from my persistent head cold, no mullet either, one under sized sweep from Jump rock nothing else. I tried pippy, squid, bluebait , chicken fillet even through some lures around. Even the locals admitted that it was very quiet. Rock shelf on the right hand side of the pier heading towards Apollo Bay was the only joy I had and was lousy with Parrot fish, and kelp monsters. Weather was awesome pub was good as well and actually does some ok bar meals so if you are after a feed give it a try.
Was disappointed to find some rubbish that had been left behind at Jump Rock. Consisted of lure packages etc that had just been dropped and left on the rocks. Picked up same and disposed of correctly. Tight lines all. Regards Nafa.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Fishing report Lorne

Post by DougieK » Thu May 22, 2014 8:35 pm

Bad luck mate, we've been seeing some good salmon in the bay and on the back beaches the last fortnight.

Also welcome to the forum and thank you for contributing!
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”