Skenes Creek Rock and Surf Fishing

Apollo Bay, Port Campbell, Warnambool, Port Fairy, Portland, Nelson
DeFishGuy

Skenes Creek Rock and Surf Fishing

Post by DeFishGuy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:46 pm

Hey everyone, chances are that I will be getting a 950ssm surf combo from anaconda/BCF soon and we have a holiday house in Skenes Creek. I am now wondering though, what locations for rock fishing are in walking distance of Skenes Creek? I know of Snapper Rock but have heard of alot of weeds there and am wondering if their is anywhere better within walking distance. If I do fish Snapper Rock, what species other than snapper can I possibly find there? What size snapper should I expect to find there? I'm also wondering what kinda things I should expect to catch surf fishing on Skenes Creek. Obviously Australian Salmon, Mullet and possibly flathead but are their any other species? If I go in the late evening or into the night do I have the chance of catching things such as mulloway and gummy sharks?

Sorry for so many questions there just isn't a whole lot of information on the area.

Thanks to everyone who responds.

maxmikoo

Mulloway from the shore

Post by maxmikoo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am

Hey all, ik this is a victorian fishing forum but actually wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction about sone interstate fishing. Wanting to do a 4 or 5 day trip to go fishing from the shore. Something recently has really intrigued me about a surf beach mulloway. Willing to travel to NSW or SA but preferably not ages away. Not looking for specific spots but if i can be pointed in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Kings r also on my list but i'll likely be travelling alone and rock fishing solo is probably not a great idea.

Sebb
Has liked: 3013 times

Re: Skenes Creek Rock and Surf Fishing

Post by Sebb » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 pm

Glenelg/Nelson for mulloway.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Dfishguy

Post by Dfishguy » Wed May 01, 2024 7:45 pm

I was so excited I got a response after 6 months but then I realised it was for someone else😭😭😭😭😭

Sebb
Has liked: 3013 times

Post by Sebb » Thu May 02, 2024 1:09 pm

Dfishguy wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:45 pm
I was so excited I got a response after 6 months but then I realised it was for someone else😭😭😭😭😭
Sorry bud, the forum has definitely gone quiet.
I personally fish great ocean road mostly for aussie salmon off the surf. Pretty much all the surf/rocks you can access will have a good chance of aussie salmon in winter.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

maxmikoo

Post by maxmikoo » Thu May 09, 2024 2:20 pm

Dfishguy wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:45 pm
Sorry mate, didn't mean to hijack your post. Dunno how much walking you are keen on doing but if ur looking for landbased why not join me on the surf gummy shark quest. Find yourself a spot along the stretch of coast (literally anywhere there's a surf beach) and keep your eyes peeled for a gutter fish it at night with an oily bait. Fresh is best but if u can get fresh squid that takes the cake in my eyes. Night time is the way to go for gummys but get down early to try catch bait n spot gutters while it's still light. I'm usually fishing off a boat so this is all too new to me. Take it with a grain of salt.

Return to “Apollo Bay to Portland”