Quick Gunners session..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Quick Gunners session..

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:12 pm

CarlG wrote:Rocking morning at Gunners...Carl..
You suck. :bat:

you had a ball and I had #$%^&& :down: . Today's fishing results again reminded us of the fact that fish moves around. I was in London bridge from 730AM - 1000AM for a big radial tubeless tyre (BIG 0). Last time I met Brett and Wolly, the fish were in Portsea and quiet in Gunna.

Went B'gowrie to see if the salmon will play but got another big 0 after 1.5 hours of casting. Was thinking of going to gunners after lunch but it will be almost low tide by the time I get there so I did not bother - wet and cold so bugger the fish. Fired up the car engine, heated the driver's seat and toasted some nuts while driving home. :angry:

2 anglers I met in B'gowrie told me Rye back beach produced for them but the water was too rough so they left and tried their luck in B'gowrie. I left them banging their heads :wall: - B'gowrie was dead, not even a garfish. Saw 1 guy pulled 2 cala but that was it.
Last edited by Fish-cador on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Rod Bender wrote: Was wondering, what sort of gear do you use to throw lures off a beach? I have seen people on fishing shows using what could be best described as 7 foot trout rods/reels! Well the odd person saying that they can be used anyway. Or do people generally use a longer rod?
thanks
Jim

I have an 8 footer light combo (shimano flatspin 2-5kg rod with Stradic CI4 2500, 20 lbs braid) and a backup heavier combo Shimano Catana 9ft with 4000 size reel, 20lb braid. Long rods can cast farther than short rod - law of physics (if applied correctly). :wink1:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:Rocking morning at Gunners...Carl..
You suck. :bat:

you had a ball and I had #$%^&& :down: . Today's fishing results again reminded us of the fact that fish moves around. I was in London bridge from 730AM - 1000AM for a big radial tubeless tyre (BIG 0). Last time I met Brett and Wolly, the fish were in Portsea and quiet in Gunna.

Went B'gowrie to see if the salmon will play but got another big 0 after 1.5 hours of casting. Was thinking of going to gunners after lunch but it will be almost low tide by the time I get there so I did not bother - wet and cold so bugger the fish. Fired up the car engine, heated the driver's seat and toasted some nuts while driving home. :angry:
Hey mate, I know, sambo fishing is very much the luck of the draw..I nearly went to Portsea this morning..just felt like gunners instead..
Spoke to a lot of people on the way back along gunners, not an awful lot caught, so just goes to show, you have to not only be on the right beach, but on the right part of the right beach..
Carl..
PS, gonna send you a quick pm..

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:30 pm

CarlG wrote: you have to not only be on the right beach, but on the right part of the right beach..
Carl..
yeah, absolutely right and that is the challenge we face. WHERE is that magical 20 foot strip of sandy beach where the fish are piled on top of each other!?
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 am

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote: you have to not only be on the right beach, but on the right part of the right beach..
Carl..
yeah, absolutely right and that is the challenge we face. WHERE is that magical 20 foot strip of sandy beach where the fish are piled on top of each other!?
a few times I have been sitting some where around the half way mark and have some one walk past from further up the beach with their bag of fish.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Took the trebles off some of my lures and but either a single hook or two single hooks on my lures.

Now have to find the opportunity to give them ago. Hopefully this weekend.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote: Now have to find the opportunity to give them ago. Hopefully this weekend.
Weather forecast is looking good until weekend. Will file a day off this Friday. Hightide will be a HIGH 1.72m I expect London Bridge area to have deep gutters. Will try my luck again. I need that 3kg+ salmon. :crazy:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:06 pm

hopefully will get out for a fish sometime this week not sure yet. hoping i could meet up with someone planning to fish gunnas or another beach in that area that is recomended.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:19 pm

mazman wrote:hopefully will get out for a fish sometime this week not sure yet. hoping i could meet up with someone planning to fish gunnas or another beach in that area that is recomended.
I'll see you in Janjuc this weekend. See you there.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:52 am

Fish-cador wrote:
mazman wrote:hopefully will get out for a fish sometime this week not sure yet. hoping i could meet up with someone planning to fish gunnas or another beach in that area that is recomended.
I'll see you in Janjuc this weekend. See you there.
i was meaning portsea/ sorento back beaches.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”