Quick Gunners session..

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Quick Gunners session..

Post by CarlG » Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Had a quick sesh up at gunners this arvo, didn`t get there until 5 due to helping some friends move house..surf is perfect at the minute, wind was a very gentle northerly, magic. Caught 2 little chaps in fairly short order, snapped my leader off while casting just as dusk was setting in, couldn`t be arsed to tie another one on, so called it a night. Picked up several discarded bits of rubbish from ignorant excuses for anglers on the way back to the car, which pissed me off somewhat, but still, an enjoyable evening. Gonna have a longer sesh tomorrow, hopefully at london bridge, will report any joy tomorrow night..
Carl..

vinhii

Re: Quick Gunners session..

Post by vinhii » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:05 am

good stuff carl.. least you got out!
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:43 pm

and keep us posted

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Heading upto gunners this arvo, making the best of the northerly before she changes..hopefully I do better than yesterdays blank at Portsea...
Carl..

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:49 pm

fantastic night for it carl!! goodluck!! cant wait to hear next update
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Well, spectacular afternoon at Gunners, only spoilt by a total bloody lack of fish. Started at the steps leading from the second carpark, cast my lure constantly as I walked all the way to the rocks at the Cape Schanck end, did the same coming back. Got one hit halfway back, that was it...
Asked a few people along the beach, not a lot caught all day. Anyone going tomorrow, best of luck, it can change tide by tide, so probably still worth a go.
Carl..

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Rocking morning at Gunners...tried my luck along from the second carpark onwards, finally hit the jackpot right along the far end of the beach. Spent an couple of hours pulling in sambo`s. No great size to them, topped out at about 3/4 kg, but man, what a ball. Even waved over another angler, who was fishing back along the beach, to come and join in the fun..kept one for my oldest daughter, threw the rest back to swim another day. No idea on numbers, lost count after the first twenty..
Tried portsea this arvo, no luck, but nipped over to sorrento pier, and managed a 44cm bluespot flattie on a soft plastic..lovely result to round out the day. More than made up for the 5 hour doughnut that represented saturdays effort..
Carl..

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Just goes to show, you gotta keep going until you are in the right place at the right time.

Although having walked up that direction casting, I wouldn't like to have carry too much gear.

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Just goes to show, you gotta keep going until you are in the right place at the right time.

Although having walked up that direction casting, I wouldn't like to have carry too much gear.
Light approach pays mate. I carry a 9` spinning rod, my small black lure bag, and a small burley bucket that straps around my waist.
No waders, no ten ton of gear, no 3 rods and associated stands..
Carl..

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:54 pm

CarlG wrote: cast my lure constantly as I walked all the way to the rocks at the Cape Schanck end,
Was wondering, what sort of gear do you use to throw lures off a beach? I have seen people on fishing shows using what could be best described as 7 foot trout rods/reels! Well the odd person saying that they can be used anyway. Or do people generally use a longer rod?
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”