Evening blast..

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Evening blast..

Post by CarlG » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Anyone with an RDO tomorrow could do worse than head to Gunners. Headed there this evening, (after a waste of time at Portsea), and managed a couple of 600gram fish in about an hour or so of casting..Saw a bloke with about a dozen fish, including what looked like a 2kg model.
On an interesting note, I gutted the one fish I kept, and it was packed to the gills with whitebait, which is the first time I`ve seen one with a full gut for about 6 or 7 weeks..
Carl..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Evening blast..

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:22 pm

someone dropped a packet of whitebait, taken by the wash and the lucky fish found it?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Fish-cador wrote:someone dropped a packet of whitebait, taken by the wash and the lucky fish found it?
Nah, very small, less than 50mm each, was packed full of them mind, counted at least 12...was good to see after the chat we had about it not so long ago..!
Portsea was horrible mate...I`d say this week is written off there...never seen so much bloody weed on the beach, was astounding. Not just at the london end either, was all the way up towards the life saver building..
Carl..

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 am

good sign. if there is food around, the fish will come and party. Guess who will be there too? :-) .
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Another short, sharp session up the road tonight. Got one first cast, dropped another in the beach break a few casts later. The one fish I caught had a juvenile salmon in it`s stomach..bloody cannibals.!..very pleasant hour on the sand...gonna be heading straight there from work tomorrow methinks..my daughters like their sashimi a bit too much...lol..
Carl..

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Great stuff Carl. It's good living so close to the beach. Lucky bugger. I have to try the new outfit so I must come down for a gunners blast. Lol. Cheers...
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:59 pm

psara1 wrote:Great stuff Carl. It's good living so close to the beach. Lucky bugger. I have to try the new outfit so I must come down for a gunners blast. Lol. Cheers...
Soon as you can mate..!
When will you have it spooled up...?
Carl..

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Yeah its great that you can get down to the beach so often.....you'll have to let us know how the salmon sashimi goes

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:35 pm

poodoo wrote:Yeah its great that you can get down to the beach so often.....you'll have to let us know how the salmon sashimi goes
tell you what, it has that crunchy texture which makes it so nice.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:45 pm

poodoo wrote:Yeah its great that you can get down to the beach so often.....you'll have to let us know how the salmon sashimi goes
How it goes...? Gets inhaled by the oldest and youngest daughters...I wouldn`t get your bloody fingers in the way mate...lol...It`s very good to be honest, the belly flaps are particularly nice...
Carl..

And FC, try washing the sand off next time mate...

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”