Yet another evening blast..

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Yet another evening blast..

Post by CarlG » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Got down from work in record time tonight, with the northerly wind, I headed straight round the corner to Gunners. Tried various spots along the beach until I found them a fair way along...after that it was just mayhem...fish after fish after fish..from half kilo up to around 1.5..I think in about 60 casts, the lure got smacked every time...ended up landing something like 35, kept 6, threw the rest back...was an absolute frenzy...best sesh I`ve had in two months I`d have to say..just wish there were a few more people down there to enjoy it, and I wish I could work out how to get a photo off my bloody Samsung Galaxy phone onto here...
Carl..
PS Gillies 40gram mackeral lure did the damage, the mood they were in, I think a bare hook would have worked..lol..

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Yet another evening blast..

Post by poodoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Sounds like you had an awesome session down there. Could you see the school in the water?

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 pm

poodoo wrote:Sounds like you had an awesome session down there. Could you see the school in the water?
Nope. They were sitting under a patch of white water, adjacent to a deep, flat stretch. I`ve seen fish pulled out of the same stretch of water a week ago..but tonight was unreal...still getting over it..especially after my recent ****-poor efforts..
Carl..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 pm

YOU SUCK! BIG TIME!

I am on training in the evenings -online. I should be able to slip out tomorrow afternoon and fish the northerly. How far should I walk to the left?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 pm

CarlG wrote:
poodoo wrote:Sounds like you had an awesome session down there. Could you see the school in the water?
Nope. They were sitting under a patch of white water, adjacent to a deep, flat stretch. I`ve seen fish pulled out of the same stretch of water a week ago..but tonight was unreal...still getting over it..especially after my recent ****-poor efforts..
Carl..
Have to say it wasn't even incoming tide......but sounds like a good wind and in the salmon were in the mood.....love it when it all comes together like that. :thumbsup:

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 pm

poodoo wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Carl..
Have to say it wasn't even incoming tide......but sounds like a good wind and in the salmon were in the mood.....love it when it all comes together like that. :thumbsup:
Yeah, was very low...they seem to bale in really close at times though..like tonight..lol
Carl..

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 am

Great when it all comes together.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 pm

well, I got blasted. I went to Gunners after lunch, traced Carl's foot prints all the way to the rocks, did some rock hopping too. Perfect conditions, perfect surf, wind carried the lures halfway to Tassie...... That's it! that is my report. :bat: :bat: :angry: :angry:

Will never fish gunners again. :bat: :bat:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:08 am

There you go one day they are there the next day they are gone.... Bangg that's why it is called fishing....

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Great session you had Carl , well done mate . :thumbsup:

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”