Almost a donut and a little beach cricket

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Almost a donut and a little beach cricket

Post by Basti » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:26 am

Headed down to the Gunn this morning as conditions looked pretty good and also wanting to play with some new gear. Arrived just at first light, left round 9. tide was fairly low, and waves were small but all over the shop. I'll let the pics tell the story.

this counts as not donutting right?

I'm guessing he's probably not a morning person

it was a nice walk at least

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Almost a donut and a little beach cricket

Post by poodoo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:49 am

How did the new rod perform mate?

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:02 am

It's longer and slower than I'm used to with the catana so had to adjust the way i cast a bit. There were a couple of sweet moments when the slug just seemed to disappear into the distance with no effort though. I maxed out at just under 100m on the catana with a strong tailwind and counting winds of the handle leads me to believe that i'm consistently getting 10-15m further now. Pretty happy

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Basti wrote:It's longer and slower than I'm used to with the catana so had to adjust the way i cast a bit. There were a couple of sweet moments when the slug just seemed to disappear into the distance with no effort though. I maxed out at just under 100m on the catana with a strong tailwind and counting winds of the handle leads me to believe that i'm consistently getting 10-15m further now. Pretty happy
Yeah you have alot more power with the longer butt section to drill the slug out.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Lol beach cricket.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:59 pm

poodoo wrote:
Yeah you have alot more power with the longer butt section to drill the slug out.
Are there many rods with the longer butt? I almost bought a T Curve that was marked down but the butt looked more or less the same length at the Catana's so I thought I'd hold off for a bit.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:14 pm

4liters wrote:
poodoo wrote:
Are there many rods with the longer butt? I almost bought a T Curve that was marked down but the butt looked more or less the same length at the Catana's so I thought I'd hold off for a bit.
The rod that i have and I think Basti is using is the xzoga JA-S 100mh rod. Have a look at it in the shops.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:44 pm

poodoo wrote:
4liters wrote:
poodoo wrote:
The rod that i have and I think Basti is using is the xzoga JA-S 100mh rod. Have a look at it in the shops.
Cheers.
Who sells it? I can't find any info on Australian distributors or retailers.

The alternative is to bite the bullet and get a rod building kit and make an 11' spinning rod with a really long butt.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:50 pm

4liters wrote:
poodoo wrote:
4liters wrote:
poodoo wrote:
Cheers.

The alternative is to bite the bullet and get a rod building kit and make an 11' spinning rod with a really long butt.
I got mine off Box Hill CA a while back I never really looked at who sold them as it was an impulse buy lol.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:52 pm

4liters wrote:
poodoo wrote:
4liters wrote:
poodoo wrote:
Cheers.

That's the rod for those trying to search it try xzoga JA-S 100mh2, not many results but enough to give an idea.
is there a reason you are looking at 11 foot ian?
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”