Gunnas Sunday 27

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Gunnas Sunday 27

Post by DougieK » Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 pm

hornet wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:Gunners today. Hard work! Caught them after Brett left.
nice haul what rod is that your using
Penn allegiance II. 9 footer. This one casts way farther than my other 9 footers.
I'm in the market for a 10 footer surf... How do you rate the penn prevails to the Penn allegiance rods ? is one any better than the other ? why did you pick the allegiance ?
I'm using the 10 footer, casts to 120g. Throws a busted 75 a freaking mile and doubles as a medium rock spin rod. At 109 best value for money.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:04 am

Fish-cador wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:Gunners today. Hard work! Caught them after Brett left.
nice haul what rod is that your using
Penn allegiance II. 9 footer. This one casts way farther than my other 9 footers.
Whys that?
Better rod action,?

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed May 30, 2018 5:29 am

Bayrock wrote:What size reel suits a 9ft rod? A Shimmy 5000 or a Daiwa 3000?
Shimano 4000.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed May 30, 2018 5:33 am

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:
hornet wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
dazz999 wrote:nice haul what rod is that your using
I'm in the market for a 10 footer surf... How do you rate the penn prevails to the Penn allegiance rods ? is one any better than the other ? why did you pick the allegiance ?
Don't go 10'.
Not ideal for purpose.
Carl, you like long butts (no pun intended). Penn will suit your taste. I bought the allegiance as i injured my shoulder. I need long butt too to help me with the casting. It works for me.

I now plan to sell my 2 x nano impact 9 footers.
Spot on. I've owned a lot of 9' rods, most have the same issue, butt is way too short. The revolution I've had for the last few seasons has done well, but it's making a few creaks and groans now, which means it's about to explode. Will have a look at the one you suggested, (think that's the one Doug suggested as well).

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed May 30, 2018 8:39 am

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:
hornet wrote:
Fish-cador wrote: Penn allegiance II. 9 footer. This one casts way farther than my other 9 footers.
Don't go 10'.
Not ideal for purpose.
Carl, you like long butts (no pun intended). Penn will suit your taste. I bought the allegiance as i injured my shoulder. I need long butt too to help me with the casting. It works for me.

I now plan to sell my 2 x nano impact 9 footers.
Spot on. I've owned a lot of 9' rods, most have the same issue, butt is way too short. The revolution I've had for the last few seasons has done well, but it's making a few creaks and groans now, which means it's about to explode. Will have a look at the one you suggested, (think that's the one Doug suggested as well).

I'm using the 10-15kg 10 footer. Overkill for most VIC salmon but the range i'm getting on it is superb. It's a bit of a broomstick and probably too much rod to spin with for long periods of time for most people. They have both the models onthe shelf at SSF or at least they used too.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed May 30, 2018 10:05 am

I've been comparing the prevail models and allegiance models, there seems to be duplicate / overlap models in both series, the prevails being the more expensive of the two, by a fair margin at that ! about $100 extra for the same line class rod.

I do have a light duty prevail 3.2mtr (10'6") 5-9kg and I have been happy with it but it lacks the grunt for heavier lures.

I'm temped by the 2.74mtr (9') 8-12kg and it's available in both series ? allegiance and Prevail.
Are they the same blank painted differently or are they totally different blanks ?

If the prevail is the superior blank I'll pay the extra $ but if it's a re-badge allegiance I'll go for the cheaper allegiance.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 pm

hornet wrote:I've been comparing the prevail models and allegiance models, there seems to be duplicate / overlap models in both series, the prevails being the more expensive of the two, by a fair margin at that ! about $100 extra for the same line class rod.

I do have a light duty prevail 3.2mtr (10'6") 5-9kg and I have been happy with it but it lacks the grunt for heavier lures.

I'm temped by the 2.74mtr (9') 8-12kg and it's available in both series ? allegiance and Prevail.
Are they the same blank painted differently or are they totally different blanks ?

If the prevail is the superior blank I'll pay the extra $ but if it's a re-badge allegiance I'll go for the cheaper allegiance.
read above the penn prevail and the allegiance are different blanks the storm model is the same blank as the prevail

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed May 30, 2018 10:47 pm

dazz999 wrote:
hornet wrote:I've been comparing the prevail models and allegiance models, there seems to be duplicate / overlap models in both series, the prevails being the more expensive of the two, by a fair margin at that ! about $100 extra for the same line class rod.

read above the penn prevail and the allegiance are different blanks the storm model is the same blank as the prevail
Yeah dazz we are spoiled for choice ! :thumbsup:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”