Has liked: 2 times

Re: Gunners..

Post by poodoo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:57 am

awesome catch, must have been fun.....

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:25 am

cala is missing, snapper and bream are doing their thing so I might as well invade your backyard soon.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:28 am

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:you suck big time. :bat: :Blah: I can imagine Kat holding a fork with 2 hands ready to stab the thing. :lolf:

those looked undersize and I think you have sent me those pictures last winter.
lol....Saturday looks ok..if they`re still on, do you need some for bait..?
Carl..
While your at it, can I have some bait as well mate? :mrgreen:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm

raco09 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:you suck big time. :bat: :Blah: I can imagine Kat holding a fork with 2 hands ready to stab the thing. :lolf:

those looked undersize and I think you have sent me those pictures last winter.
lol....Saturday looks ok..if they`re still on, do you need some for bait..?
Carl..
While your at it, can I have some bait as well mate? :mrgreen:
me too. You have my esky. if you can fill it up halfway with salmon, that will be great. It will not look nice as it will be half empty so please top it up with cala. :super: :woohoo:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Nice work Carl. Sounds like you had a ball. :r :cheers:

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Hey Brett, thought you were down there, `till I got closer to the bloke and it wasn`t you...lol...
Phil, FC, might be worth a trip down on saturday if the wind stays as predicted...
Carl..

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:23 pm

I got a new clutch in the car yest(finally). I never even thought of shooting down for a flik, I should have though :(

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 pm

start huffing and blowing northerly Carl, the wind might pickup so we can hit the beach.:-)
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:57 pm

CarlG wrote:Surprise surprise...the sambo`s were there...none stop for a couple of hours..from .5-1.5 kg fish...the standard gunners mayhem once I found them..gorgeous weather, stunning scenery, top notch fishing...does it get any better..?
Fish were very aggressive, hitting the lure on the drop before I`d even got a chance to bloody wind..lol...And yes FC, I did text that photo so you wouldn`t give me grief lol..
Very relieved, best sesh in the last 6 or 7 weeks..
Carl.
Carl would you say that the Salmon around now are more likely to bite on lures rather then bait or it wouldn't make a difference. I've only ever surf fished with bait and poppers so wondering wether to try with lures.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 am

Raulfc7 wrote:
CarlG wrote:Surprise surprise...the sambo`s were there...none stop for a couple of hours..from .5-1.5 kg fish...the standard gunners mayhem once I found them..gorgeous weather, stunning scenery, top notch fishing...does it get any better..?
Fish were very aggressive, hitting the lure on the drop before I`d even got a chance to bloody wind..lol...And yes FC, I did text that photo so you wouldn`t give me grief lol..
Very relieved, best sesh in the last 6 or 7 weeks..
Carl.
Carl would you say that the Salmon around now are more likely to bite on lures rather then bait or it wouldn't make a difference. I've only ever surf fished with bait and poppers so wondering wether to try with lures.
Hey mate..I always fish with lures for salmon. A number of reasons come into play, the school can be anywhere on the beach, so you want to be mobile. All I carry is my rod, and a little shoulder bag with some leader and a few lures in it. Secondly, when you catch a salmon, you want to be straight back in on the action, so you have no rebaiting or any of that crap to deal with. Thirdly, when your using lures, I think it stirs the salmon up more, especially when there`s a couple of you working close together. For instance, fished gunners a while ago with Brett, he hooked up a good fish, all I did was chuck my lure in behind his, bang, hooked up a 2kg chap..It just makes more sense to lure fish for salmon to my mind. Finally, in the local salmon comp that ran over the winter, out of the top eight, I think 6 at least were caught on lures....what does that tell you..?
Carl..

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”