They are back

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: They are back

Post by poodoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
raco09 wrote:
CarlG wrote:Mr Raco...what time do you finish work...?
I finish at 5 :cry: Will i make it in time?
chuck in a sickie :-)
FC will.bring a bag of bananas for you! :icon_lolz:

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Hey Poodoo...John Belushi...one of my all time fave actors...I`ll have to get myself a fedora now....

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm

CarlG wrote:Hey Poodoo...John Belushi...one of my all time fave actors...I`ll have to get myself a fedora now....
Remind me next time before i go to Haigh.st on San Francisco.....

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:51 pm

poodoo wrote:
CarlG wrote:Hey Poodoo...John Belushi...one of my all time fave actors...I`ll have to get myself a fedora now....
You couldn`t get one large enough for my bloody head mate...I always struggle...

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 pm

CarlG wrote:
poodoo wrote:
You couldn`t get one large enough for my bloody head mate...I always struggle...
US sizes

http://www.goorin.com/sizing-care" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

CarlG wrote:
poodoo wrote:
why don't you check out the shop next to Flinders Street station, my brother bought one from there for my grand farther years ago
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 am

Nice work poodoo, very good size sambos.

***Update on the Salmon***
I went to Mt.Martha rocks after work Tues night and got onto a school of Salmon aprox 50cm/1.5kg x 5 all caught on blue bait, 1/0 baitholder. Will put in a report Wed night with pics. :cheers:
Last edited by nhillboy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 am

If you have trouble with salmon, or any fish realy spitting a treble hook, most poeple think the hook is too big, total opposite !. You either have blunt trebles or they are too small !
In reality , you have to consider a treble like 3 seperate hooks , just because it is 3 small hooks ganged together and looks big , it doesn't mean that if even 1 off those small 3 hooks out of the lot hook a fish that it will hold !. Consider the size fish you are after as if you were using a single hook , then if using a treble consider it as 3 seperate hooks, and use a treble with the same size hooks. By doing this you have 3 times as much luck hooking the fish than if you had a single hook the same size as one of the hooks on the treble .
Don't be fooled into thiniking the treble is too big for the 'fishies' mouths , all you need is one of them too hook , just like a single , and 1 of those hooks big enough for the barb to penetrate into the lip of the fish.

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 am

rixter wrote:If you have trouble with salmon, or any fish realy spitting a treble hook, most poeple think the hook is too big, total opposite !. You either have blunt trebles or they are too small !
In reality , you have to consider a treble like 3 seperate hooks , just because it is 3 small hooks ganged together and looks big , it doesn't mean that if even 1 off those small 3 hooks out of the lot hook a fish that it will hold !. Consider the size fish you are after as if you were using a single hook , then if using a treble consider it as 3 seperate hooks, and use a treble with the same size hooks. By doing this you have 3 times as much luck hooking the fish than if you had a single hook the same size as one of the hooks on the treble .
Don't be fooled into thiniking the treble is too big for the 'fishies' mouths , all you need is one of them too hook , just like a single , and 1 of those hooks big enough for the barb to penetrate into the lip of the fish.

Cheers , Rick.
Salmon don`t have have very big mouths. It`s more to do with the fact they go freaking mental when you hook them. I swap my trebs for 1/0 inline singles, and beleive me, they still throw those. I also think that singles hook up better than trebles, but you don`t land as many fish with them. I can see the argument your putting forward, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that the hooks are at an angle to each other, thereby increasing the span the fishes mouth has to get over the hooks, you can`t simply state that it`s the equivalent of three singles, because they are virtually back to back, so surely this doubles the gape size..?

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 am

Sounds like your thinking a fish has to put its mouth over the whole treble to hook it ! , A treble flip flops around just like a single, Ever hooked a fish on a treble and seen the whole 3 hooks set ? , not often at all ! ,is usualy 2 max or just the one of the hooks most of the time, it only needs to catch one of the three hooks so long as it the size of a single you would normaly use (to get the barb into/through the lip of the fish).
Each to their own methods ! ;) , whatever you prefer or get used to , that catches you the fish. I have no troubles with trebles at all , i prefer them ! , they catch me more fish so long as you get the treble size right .
I Don't want to argue on this !, whatever works for you and catches you fish is good ;) . My perception and knowledge on this is just what i go off from fishing 25+ years and working on trawlers too in the past (doing a bit off fishing while working ) in the past too cheers mate ;) , Rick.
Last edited by rixter on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”