They are back

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: They are back

Post by CarlG » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 am

rixter wrote:Each to thier own methods ! ;) , I have no troubles with trebles at all , i prefer them ! , they catch me more fish , so long as you get the treble size right .
I Don't want to argue on this !, whatever works for you and catches you fish is good ;) . cheers mate , Rick.
Exactly right. I just fish singles `cos it works for me, as I said, I think you land more with trebles, but hook up more easily with singles, so it balances out. In reality, most of my sambo`s go back anyway, so it`s no great shakes...
Anyhoo, better head off to work I suppose...lol...

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 am

CarlG wrote: most of my sambo`s go back anyway, so it`s no great shakes...
Good stuff mate , nice to hear your into a bit of 'catch and release' ;) :thumbsup:
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 am

rixter wrote:If you have trouble with salmon, or any fish realy spitting a treble hook, most poeple think the hook is too big, total opposite !. You either have blunt trebles or they are too small !
In reality , you have to consider a treble like 3 seperate hooks , just because it is 3 small hooks ganged together and looks big , it doesn't mean that if even 1 off those small 3 hooks out of the lot hook a fish that it will hold !. Consider the size fish you are after as if you were using a single hook , then if using a treble consider it as 3 seperate hooks, and use a treble with the same size hooks. By doing this you have 3 times as much luck hooking the fish than if you had a single hook the same size as one of the hooks on the treble .
Don't be fooled into thiniking the treble is too big for the 'fishies' mouths , all you need is one of them too hook , just like a single , and 1 of those hooks big enough for the barb to penetrate into the lip of the fish.

Cheers , Rick.
I had just changed the trebles so wouldn't be that issue.....been burnt there before.

Good points made by both Rixter and Carl.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 am

I add another treble on my lures sometimes one on each end. The more the merrier. :-)
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 am

Yes we have seen the famous photo! lol

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 am

Hi Gentlemen,

I was curious to know the location where the big family of salmon were caught on such a hot day! I noted the spot called "Gunners" in Rosebud! I also looked this up and it is a carpark is this correct? If so how long does it take to walk to the beach that you fished in? and what direction from the carpark should i head down too! want to try my chance on sunday!!!! great report by the way!

Regards,

Fishermans friend!
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 am

I was spinning in Kerferd last year and I saw this guy using a "fly" attached to his trebles using about 30cm of mono. It was like the sparkler we see on snapper snatcher. He caught more salmon on the "fly" than on his lures. Interesting to try in Gunners.....
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:11 am

soulstar wrote:Hi Gentlemen,

I was curious to know the location where the big family of salmon were caught on such a hot day! I noted the spot called "Gunners" in Rosebud! I also looked this up and it is a carpark is this correct? If so how long does it take to walk to the beach that you fished in? and what direction from the carpark should i head down too! want to try my chance on sunday!!!! great report by the way!

Regards,

Fishermans friend!
It is gunnamatta beach in Fingal as per where the report is located. The whole beach can produce fish.....salmon move around alot depending on where the food is so you need to prospect to find them. As Carl would say "The Salmon will hang out wherever the hell they feel like it. Sometimes you`ll find them in the gutters, sometimes they`re under the whitewash, sometimes they`re virtually on the bloody beach just behind the breaker. Don`t let anyone tell you, "only fish gutters, that`s where they always are" `cos it`s a load of bollocks.

Like all the spin fisho's on this forum we keep it light and mobile, backpack with some lures, spare leader, some spare terminal tackle and off you go.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:17 pm

and bring a 1 inch thick rope to tie your fish. When you see buddy Carl, you will understand why. :-)
====
Words of wisdom:
====

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Fish-cador wrote:I add another treble on my lures sometimes one on each end. The more the merrier. :-)
;), myself also !. Cheers mate , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”