Heads up for Sunday

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Heads up for Sunday

Post by DougieK » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:25 am

Conditions aren't going to get much better for spinning I don't think. Might have a conversation with LadyK and see if we can get down, spin some salmon then bait up for a gummy or twelve.

Edit :- yup heading down. Will spin salmons until we have a few for bait or dark and then set up for gummies.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

BigJ

Post by BigJ » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:I am not a fan of gummy and gunners at night but I am also thinking of chasing salmon in Portsea area and soak big baits Sunday evening and hope to haul what busted me twice a few years ago. Out of boredom, I will soak bait maybe until 10PM if I don't break a leg. Any takers? Raco????????????????????????????
Might come with my mate who's over from the uk, and point at laugh...unless your onto the sambo's...
high tide before dark. I will be there by 4PM.
Where abouts on portsea backbeach are you going to fish from.
Which car park??
Fishing Victoria Species Comp: 46 cms

Salmon 46cm

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Big J gunnamatta carpark I think, end carpark on truemans road, usually fish the 3 holes to the left looking at the ocean.

I'm just heading down now, blue shorts, dark grey singlet shaved head, Little lady with me. Can't miss us mate I stand out like dogsballs.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:37 pm

DougieK wrote:Big J gunnamatta carpark I think, end carpark on truemans road, usually fish the 3 holes to the left looking at the ocean.

I'm just heading down now, blue shorts, dark grey singlet shaved head, Little lady with me. Can't miss us mate I stand out like dogsballs.
Good luck Dougie..I had a shot at first light...no joy..

BigJ

Post by BigJ » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:32 pm

I went there earlier. Too many surfers and swimmers. So I came to portsea and catching some nice salmon here at the moment.

Salmon 46cm

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:22 pm

BigJ wrote:I went there earlier. Too many surfers and swimmers. So I came to portsea and catching some nice salmon here at the moment.
BigJ, are you the big guy I talked to with some nice fish in the bucket? I was the one spinning.

209km return trip for only 1 thumb size cala caught in Rye pier on the way back. I was planning to stay late and soak something big for gummy but I did not even catch a bait. Bangg
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

BigJ

Post by BigJ » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
BigJ wrote:I went there earlier. Too many surfers and swimmers. So I came to portsea and catching some nice salmon here at the moment.
BigJ, are you the big guy I talked to with some nice fish in the bucket? I was the one spinning.

209km return trip for only 1 thumb size cala caught in Rye pier on the way back. I was planning to stay late and soak something big for gummy but I did not even catch a bait. Bangg
Yeah that was me, that's why they call me big J lol.
Should have said who you were as I was getting heaps of small ones and just throwing them back. Salmon and mullet.
I kept a couple of small ones for bait. But forgot my lights in the car. Once I got to the car I wasn't coming back down.

Salmon 46cm

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Fish-cador wrote:

Did you not even have any hits or follows FC? Bad luck mate
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:44 pm

BigJ wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

Yeah that was me, that's why they call me big J lol.
Should have said who you were as I was getting heaps of small ones and just throwing them back. Salmon and mullet.
I kept a couple of small ones for bait. But forgot my lights in the car. Once I got to the car I wasn't coming back down.
Were you spinning BigJ? Great work mate
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Took one look at how crowded the beach was and turned around and left.

I want either some Salmon or a Shark, not a surfer, child, or idiot who decides standing behind me while i'm casting is a good idea.

I'm done with trying to fish public holidays I think.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”