Heads up for Sunday

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Heads up for Sunday

Post by Brett » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Ok, guys. I don't usually do this, but seeing as I haven't been able to get out for a while. I thought why not share when I would go for a gummy bash.

This Sunday, is looking to be ideal conditions for hitting gunnamatta of an evening and trying your luck for a gummy, or toothy. Especially for a beginer(plus don't go alone though).

If I can get down there I will, however I'm not holding my breath as the wife is working double shifts.

Find a gutter(or fish the rip), running sinker is what I usually prefer, but a lot of ppl find it hard to cast. A paternosta, single dropper, will also work.
Don't fish to small, use 8/0 hooks and a minimum 60lb leader.
Baits, squid, salmon, trevally etc also eel(this is one of the only places I use it).
Burley, old fish frames, tuna oil and pellets, place in the wash and let it do it's job.
Get there before dark to scout the beach and pick your target area.

Last of all PATIENCE and plenty of it.

Good luck and if you do get out, remember pictures :-D and don't forget to post up a report.

Cheers, Brett.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Heads up for Sunday

Post by davek » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Good work Brett, I won't be anywhere near there but you've done well to post the tips, :thumbsup: cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:38 pm

I am not a fan of gummy and gunners at night but I am also thinking of chasing salmon in Portsea area and soak big baits Sunday evening and hope to haul what busted me twice a few years ago. Out of boredom, I will soak bait maybe until 10PM if I don't break a leg. Any takers? Raco????????????????????????????
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:41 pm

I was actually looking at monday early morning... Got two mate dying to scratch the itch, so will be trying that with them.... But targeting salmon only though

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:55 pm

good tips thanks mate

cameronpatrol

Post by cameronpatrol » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Im going to try and get out for a surf fish over the weekend.
I might have a crack on the salmon first and as you say maybe a dusk mission on some gummies if I can get salmon for bait.
Ive got some squid heads and wings I caught last saturday thats in the freezer.
hhhmm youve got me thinking now lol
mrs could drop me off and i can sink a few beers an get her to pick me up. hehehe
I guees you need to get in early at gunnas, theres gunna be a few people around this weekend i rekon.
Do you think a tackle shop would sell a few meters of leader?
cheers cam
There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Fish-cador wrote:I am not a fan of gummy and gunners at night but I am also thinking of chasing salmon in Portsea area and soak big baits Sunday evening and hope to haul what busted me twice a few years ago. Out of boredom, I will soak bait maybe until 10PM if I don't break a leg. Any takers? Raco????????????????????????????
Might come with my mate who's over from the uk, and point at laugh...unless your onto the sambo's...

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:35 pm

cameronpatrol wrote:Im going to try and get out for a surf fish over the weekend.
I might have a crack on the salmon first and as you say maybe a dusk mission on some gummies if I can get salmon for bait.
mrs could drop me off and i can sink a few beers an get her to pick me up. hehehe
I guees you need to get in early at gunnas, theres gunna be a few people around this weekend i rekon.
cheers cam
Think you may struggle with buying a couple of metres mate...lol..what lb leader..?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:43 pm

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:I am not a fan of gummy and gunners at night but I am also thinking of chasing salmon in Portsea area and soak big baits Sunday evening and hope to haul what busted me twice a few years ago. Out of boredom, I will soak bait maybe until 10PM if I don't break a leg. Any takers? Raco????????????????????????????
Might come with my mate who's over from the uk, and point at laugh...unless your onto the sambo's...
high tide before dark. I will be there by 4PM.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

cameronpatrol

Post by cameronpatrol » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:47 pm

CarlG wrote:
cameronpatrol wrote:Im going to try and get out for a surf fish over the weekend.
cheers cam
Think you may struggle with buying a couple of metres mate...lol..what lb leader..?
Im not sure what poundage.
Somthing for a gummy leader maybe.
I might be able to rip some off another rod and have a crack.
Or im thinking of a single patonoster on the surf rod.
Ive caught draughboard sharks on the same setup and same line.
so i think it should still be ok for gummies.
I'll probably use the same line as a leader on the plastics rod and see if i can spin a sambo in.
cheers cam
There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”