Lang Lang Beach 14/03/2017

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Lang Lang Beach 14/03/2017

Post by Whiskers » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:38 pm

I got the itch to fish the salt today so headed off to lang Lang Beach.

It's not the most productive beach in the world but it's close to home.

High tide was due at 4.00 pm so i got there at 1.30 and fished it right through until 6.30 pm. There was just a light southerly blowing into the beach which took some of the sting out of today's heat.

I can inform you that the toadies will bite all through the rising tide, the top of the tide and the run out of the tide. They are there in plague proportions!

A stray banjo provided some small excitement but things got real exciting when a fired up eagle ray was hell bent on going to Tassie in world record time! We parted company well before he spooled me. He took a liking to a whole Banana Prawn.

It was a poor day in terms of table fish but still good to be out.
:water:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Lang Lang Beach 14/03/2017

Post by rb85 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Those shallow areas can be great on a high tide after dark or before light.

jasew3

Post by jasew3 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Gday Whiskers,
Thanks for the info regarding ur fishing session at lang lang,im actually moving to lang lang in abt 6 weeks time too. I went there a few weekends ago to have a sticky beak looks ok but I checked willyweather and was told it was low tide there - well it certainly was.. tide must of been halfway to Tassie ,lol.. would be good to have a canoe/kayak on high tide. I have a 4mtr stacer was thinking of launching there sometime in the future but I think I would be getting myself in the ****/mud abit hehe.. would def need sum guidance if I could launch there ..
Regards Jason..

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:00 pm

jasew3 wrote:Gday Whiskers,
Thanks for the info regarding ur fishing session at lang lang,im actually moving to lang lang in abt 6 weeks time too. I went there a few weekends ago to have a sticky beak looks ok but I checked willyweather and was told it was low tide there - well it certainly was.. tide must of been halfway to Tassie ,lol.. would be good to have a canoe/kayak on high tide. I have a 4mtr stacer was thinking of launching there sometime in the future but I think I would be getting myself in the sh*t/mud abit hehe.. would def need sum guidance if I could launch there ..
Regards Jason..
Hi Jason, lang Lang is a popular venue for the "yak boys. Some good fish get caught there.

I don't have a boat these days but have seen plenty plenty of guys in smaller tinnies launch there. You'll need to launch and retrieve at nothing under half tide. The ramp is very shallow and there's a lot of mud there.

Tides are everything at lang Lang. A rising tide early in the morning or at dusk is ideal. Todays high tide was at 4.00 pm, about 4 hours or so too early for optimum conditions.

Good luck with your impending move.
:)

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”