Quick Lang Lang trip.

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
jasew3

Re: Quick Lang Lang trip.

Post by jasew3 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Gday All
Thanks for the updates on Lang Lang. Seeing as I have just moved to the area I will be def trying down at the beach in the near future.. but I believe the best fishing would be when the tide is comong in as it looks like it very shallow along that stretch of water.. Was hoping to try this week sometime as im off work for a week but I think the tides mite be against me during the day.. any more tips would be a great help.. Thanks Jase.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat May 13, 2017 3:00 pm

If the tides are no good for Lang Lang, then head down to Stockyard Point, it is a low tide area, where as Lang Lang is a high tide option, preferably 1.6 to 1.8m tides, otherwise it is to shallow.
Stockyard Point, you fishat low tide and that way can cast directly into the channel, although I like to fish just off the edge as less tide flow.

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:20 am

Great stuff mate.

Pethrk

Post by Pethrk » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Brett wrote:
Born2fish wrote:Good work mate what did he take

A small piece of squid.
laneends wrote:Amazing just how shallow gummies will come to feed. You can do a huge cast there and still be in less than a meter of water at high tide.
I'd say I was sending a 4oz sinker about 60 to 80m, from the edge of the water, the wall was 10m further back than that.
I wouldn't have been landing in any more than 50cm deep.

Hey mate.

What rod do you use for this land based fishing / what should I buy if I was looking to do abit myself ?

Cheers

Pethrk

Post by Pethrk » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Whiskers wrote:Lang Lang Gummy Report. 9/05/2017.

With a high tide at about 1.00 pm today and just light winds forecast I headed off to Lang Lang today to try for a gummy or two.

I got there about 11.00 am. and fished through till about 3.30 pm. There were just two other blokes there.

None of us had a fish at all on the rising tide but about half an hour into the ebb the gummys came on the chew. Myself and one of the other blokes had a gummy each, both about 70cm and the third bloke had one a similar size plus a second gummy just over a metre.

It was nice to catch gummys fishing gentlemans hours and still be home in time for tea!

Two of the fish fell to squid, one to pilchard and the other to a banana prawn.

Hey mate. What rod do you use ?

Brett

Post by Brett » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Pethrk wrote:
Brett wrote:

A small piece of squid.
laneends wrote:Amazing just how shallow gummies will come to feed. You can do a huge cast there and still be in less than a meter of water at high tide.
I'd say I was sending a 4oz sinker about 60 to 80m, from the edge of the water, the wall was 10m further back than that.

Hey mate.

What rod do you use for this land based fishing / what should I buy if I was looking to do abit myself ?

Cheers

Any 12ft surf combo is suitable, I started out with a $50 Kmart combo when I first started caught me plenty of fish and I still have it in the shed as a spare.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Firstly, late call (new memeber) but very nice Gummie Brett, and with little if no wind , , , , fishing seems to be hard to resist.
Brett Gummie.JPG
davek wrote:Top job, and it brought it's own beer, :thumbsup: cheers davo
Aaaaaah, that clears it up, I thought it was trying to steal the beer.
Brett wrote:
Any 12ft surf combo is suitable, I started out with a $50 Kmart combo when I first started caught me plenty of fish and I still have it in the shed as a spare.
I ditto that davek. Start up basic rod , , , , then if you do want another rod later, you have used one and know what "you want" in a surf rod and not what someone else prefers, we all have our own preferences. Plus basic general rods nowadays seem to touch on all the features of what a rod should be, so can't go too wrong for less $$$$ outlay

Cheers, Bugatti

Pethrk

Post by Pethrk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Brett wrote:
Pethrk wrote:
Brett wrote:

A small piece of squid.

Hey mate.

Cheers

Cheers mate. Also what rig would you recommend for using when surf fishing and what size sinkers ?

Brett

Post by Brett » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:29 pm

It all depends on the area, off the lang lang wall I use a running sinker of around 4oz, with about 1m of 40 to 60lb leader to a single circle hook.
Off the back beaches it depends on conditions with what size sinker you use and also what rig.
You can use either a running sinker or paternoster.

Pethrk

Post by Pethrk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:48 pm

Brett wrote:It all depends on the area, off the lang lang wall I use a running sinker of around 4oz, with about 1m of 40 to 60lb leader to a single circle hook.
Off the back beaches it depends on conditions with what size sinker you use and also what rig.
You can use either a running sinker or paternoster.

Cheers mate

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”