A Golden Moment

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

A Golden Moment

Post by Whiskers » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Sometimes it's not about the fish that we catch, or don't catch, but about the things we see.

This afternoon I fished Sawtells Inlet and was happy to be catching mullet for bait. About 5.00 pm, just nearing sunset, a small flock of white ibis flew by and at exactly that precise moment a ray of red, golden light shone through a break in the clouds and lit up the ibis as if they were on fire.

The event lasted for just a few seconds but it will be etched into my memory for ever. My only regret was that my camera wasn't near to hand.
:-D

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Re: A Golden Moment

Post by Blueyed1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:23 pm

:thumbsup: If only you were an artist. Then you could paint the moment! But your description pictures it beautifully. :thumbsup:

Joe

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:08 am

Its all part of why we fish the interaction with nature part of the fun who needs to catch fish

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm

True mate, I've got a couple 'magical seconds' scenes etched in my mind that I wouldn't have had without fishing

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Totally agree that it not always about catching fish. With any type of fishing or hunting you have to enjoy and appreciate the time and surrounding. If you catch something look at it as a bonus as long as your having fun and relaxing time.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”