Lang Lang or Gummy Gummy, 12th July

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Lang Lang or Gummy Gummy, 12th July

Post by Nude up » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:13 am

I should have phrased it better I presumed it is because the white spot disease is thought to be caused from overseas prawns being used as bait not that the product has white spot.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

4liters wrote:
hornet wrote:
Nude up wrote:I see some frozen imported prawns now carry a warning do not use as bait. Due to the white spot disease. Has any one else noticed this my wife pointed it out to me in aldi the other day.
Nice gummy great eating
Normally some packaging states " not for human consumption"

so in this case it's ok to eat something with possible White spot and not harm you ?

Yet is harms a marine species ?

Call me suspicious.
Different viruses harm different animals. You can have intimate relations with as many carp as you like but you'll never contact carp herpes for example.

Cooking destroys the viruses anyway so even if humans were susceptible to white spot unless you're eating raw prawns there is no danger.
Your thought process is disturbing at times ... :o_0:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Nice work whiskers, good to see you getting out for a fish. Out of curiosity and potentially broad question, what is the general minimum casting distance you can put baits out at and have a chance there? High and low tide?

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:58 pm

great fishing i must get to lang lang and have a fishing session

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Nude up wrote:I see some frozen imported prawns now carry a warning do not use as bait. Due to the white spot disease. Has any one else noticed this my wife pointed it out to me in aldi the other day.
Nice gummy great eating
Fisheries have put out a warning a little while ago asking people not to use non local prawns for bait, as it risks spreading the white spot disease to local waterways. Having said that, local prawns should be fine yeah?

Also, great catch! Very jealous, I am yet to nut out how to target gummies.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Kimtown wrote:Prawns are such an underrated bait for Gummys.
who underrates them - the biggest problem has been the white spot scar so most of the guys I know havent been using them and the so called bait grade prawns aren't a lot of good on an 8/0 hook
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:15 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:Nice work whiskers, good to see you getting out for a fish. Out of curiosity and potentially broad question, what is the general minimum casting distance you can put baits out at and have a chance there? High and low tide?
Has to be over high tide as the water disappears and its all mud over he low. Doesn't have to be a mighty cast as once its off the beachead its pretty flat, so you are not getting much deeper. Gummies are feeding in 1m-1.5m. Maybe closer in darkness.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:33 pm

laneends wrote:
happyfriggincamper wrote:Nice work whiskers, good to see you getting out for a fish. Out of curiosity and potentially broad question, what is the general minimum casting distance you can put baits out at and have a chance there? High and low tide?
Has to be over high tide as the water disappears and its all mud over he low. Doesn't have to be a mighty cast as once its off the beachead its pretty flat, so you are not getting much deeper. Gummies are feeding in 1m-1.5m. Maybe closer in darkness.
just to add to keiths post here -- as a kayaker I have sounded the area with in casting distance ( about 100 meters max ) and it's around 1.2 - 1.3 meters deep
something worth noting I have anchored in 60 cm of water many times to catch gummys and that in the middle of the day - bit of a giggle really
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the info - one day I'll give it a shot (and a couple more after the first).

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:42 pm

You don't need to be a great caster to fish Lang Lang. Even a cast of 20 metres will put you in the zone at times. Even with super human long casts you still won't find water much deeper than a metre to a metre and a half!

Fishing there is best from about 2 hours before the high tide to two ours after high tide. Outside of that tide frame you're just looking at 100's of acres of mud!
:water:

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”