Lang Lang or Gummy Gummy, 12th July

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Lang Lang or Gummy Gummy, 12th July

Post by laneends » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:57 pm

ditto out front of jam Jerrup carpark.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:47 am

Whiskers wrote:
Fishing there is best from about 2 hours before the high tide to two ours after high tide. Outside of that tide frame you're just looking at 100's of acres of mud!
:water:
Sure is. Here's a classic close-up view

2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Vargs

Post by Vargs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Hope it was a warm day. Looks like you would have had quite a wait for the next tide.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:30 pm

4liters wrote: Sure is. Here's a classic close-up view

Gee Will would be happy to see this again -- pic is about 7 years old and a hint if anyone else fishes with me be on time
my wife and myself had plenty of water 20 min earlier
Vargs wrote:Hope it was a warm day. Looks like you would have had quite a wait for the next tide.
yes he had a few hours and by this stage of dragging his kayak and self through the mud off the end of the Lang Lang boat ramp he just waited
We were on the way in by the time he was floating

Funny how this pic just keeps resurfacing isn't it Ian

the back story from 22 / 5 / 10
cheaterparts wrote:well the plan was to launch at Lang Lang at 10 am paddle up to jan jerrup and catch some gummys - and its a good plan but heres how it played out

di and myself are on our way to lang lang and just past koo wee rup at 9.15 am we get a phone from Widsa - " I'am leaving frankston now and will be an hour"
so we do a quick calc and yes that will be ok - only just ok
so we unload and wheeled the canoe to the water all the gear in and loaded for bear

10 am has come and gone and the water is going out no sign of will - at 10:24 we have to get going with only last bit of the ramp still covered with water and mud showing everywhere
still no Will anyway we slowly made our way towards jan jerrup keeping an eye out and we see the car in the car park
so I jump on the phone now its around 11 am
will says he's ok , hes got his waders
by about 12 he rings back " I'm stuck in the mud about 600 metres out and I cant catch the water I'll wait for the tide to come back in
so here we go with the calc its another hour or more till low then another 1 or more to get back to where is now + what ever it will take to get back to his yak and float it = a quick guess at 3 + hours

as you can see the first part of the plan is going a miss for one of us
everything apart from 1 aust salmon was under size ( 2 small school sharks 3 flathead and a few salmon )
moving back towards lang lang around 3 pm we met up with a very muddy Widsa

we soaked a few more baits for donuts and headed in when we left will he was still washing the mud off everything

so there's another failed plan

cheater
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:35 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
4liters wrote: Sure is. Here's a classic close-up view

Gee Will would be happy to see this again -- pic is about 7 years old and a hint if anyone else fishes with me be on time
my wife and myself had plenty of water 20 min earlier

yes he had a few hours and by this stage of dragging his kayak and self through the mud off the end of the Lang Lang boat ramp he just waited
We were on the way in by the time he was floating

Funny how this pic just keeps resurfacing isn't it Ian

the back story from 22 / 5 / 10
cheaterparts wrote:well the plan was to launch at Lang Lang at 10 am paddle up to jan jerrup and catch some gummys - and its a good plan but heres how it played out

di and myself are on our way to lang lang and just past koo wee rup at 9.15 am we get a phone from Widsa - " I'am leaving frankston now and will be an hour"
so we do a quick calc and yes that will be ok - only just ok
so we unload and wheeled the canoe to the water all the gear in and loaded for bear

10 am has come and gone and the water is going out no sign of will - at 10:24 we have to get going with only last bit of the ramp still covered with water and mud showing everywhere
still no Will anyway we slowly made our way towards jan jerrup keeping an eye out and we see the car in the car park
so I jump on the phone now its around 11 am
will says he's ok , hes got his waders
by about 12 he rings back " I'm stuck in the mud about 600 metres out and I cant catch the water I'll wait for the tide to come back in
so here we go with the calc its another hour or more till low then another 1 or more to get back to where is now + what ever it will take to get back to his yak and float it = a quick guess at 3 + hours

as you can see the first part of the plan is going a miss for one of us
everything apart from 1 aust salmon was under size ( 2 small school sharks 3 flathead and a few salmon )
moving back towards lang lang around 3 pm we met up with a very muddy Widsa

we soaked a few more baits for donuts and headed in when we left will he was still washing the mud off everything

so there's another failed plan

cheater
It's on Google if you search for 'widsa'
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Nice catch Whiskers

HoaM

Post by HoaM » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:01 pm

Ordered some 6/0 circle hooks today to complete my gummy gear, cant wait to hit western port and land my first gummy.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Lol that's a classic story and pic.

I've missed the high tide a few times at Lang Lang, had to go back to corinella and organise a ride somehow back to Lang Lang, then back to corinella to grab the boat.

Such a **** around. ALWAYS plan around your tides in the northern parts of wpb lol

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”