San Remo land based suggestions?

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Danners93

San Remo land based suggestions?

Post by Danners93 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:28 pm

Hey all,
Heading up to San Remo for the weekend and hopping to spin some lures off the surf. Trouble is I haven't been up that way since I was about 10 so don't have any idea where to try! Anyone have any suggestions on where I should try? Happy to travel a bit if need be. Would love to get onto a salmon if there are any around. :a_goodjob: cheers!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: San Remo land based suggestions?

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:44 pm

You could give cape woolamai a go :P

nick

Post by nick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Havent fished down that area much but you could give kilcunda beach a go for salmon. Nice area to walk around if all else fails. Good luck.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:17 am

Park at the kilcunde cemetery and follow the path to the surf powlet river is worth a go just past kilcunda, cape woolami near the surf club is also a good spot

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:58 am

The wind might have a bit much westerly in it to make surf spinning practical this weekend. There's a little beach to the south of San Remo that is pretty sheltered if Woolamai and Kilcunda are too hard to fish with the wind blowing along the beach: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Bo ... 45.3867364
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:59 am

At a real low tide there is a massive sandbar at the back of sanremo, which you are able to walk out on. Ive caught salmon off that on metal slugs. Not as big as you get from the surf beaches but if you are after a quick fish its right on your doorstep.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 am

There always seems to be squid ink on the jetty whenever I'm there

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:28 am

Punchbowl is just around the corner although with the winter weather and swell it's not a safe option this weekend.
If your up for a walk go down to Killy and cast slugs into the gutters along the beach.

Danners93

Post by Danners93 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Hey all just thought I'd post an update from the trip to San Remo on the weekend. Saturday was incredibly windy which took Woolami out of the plans. Ended up fishing the little enclosed beach suggested by 4litres (Thanks mate!) which was so enclosed from the wind I almost forgot about nearly blowing away walking down there. An added bonus was the fact that it was a 3 minute drive from where we were staying. fished from about 7.30am to 10am with low tide being at 8.30am. Absolute donuts, and a heap of seaweed making things difficult but all in all one of the most enjoyable fishless trips I've had :) Would have stayed longer but the Mrs started messaging that she was awake and bored so there went that idea! Convinced her to let me go to the pier in San Remo that afternoon to toss some squid jigs around. There was a lady there chasing squid also who caught two very respectable sized squid (they must have liked her realistic squid jig over my 5 dollar pink servo one) whilst I once again got donuts. I didn't mind though as she said she'd been there for 3 hours everyday since Thursday and only caught the two I saw, whilst I had only been there for about 30 - 45 minutes. Shortly after she caught them a seal arrived and started swimming around the pier so we both accepted that our chances had just decreased significantly and left. No fish to show but always great to wet a line! Thanks heaps for the tips and suggestions everyone it was greatly appreciated :)

Daniel.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Great report Daniel.
If theres no squid ink on the pier keep an eye out for the Italians they are a great indication of squid off the piers. The wind and rain lately would have made chasing calamari tough as the water would have been stirred up in the bay.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”