Look Out For Logs

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Look Out For Logs

Post by Whiskers » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 pm

With a break from the winds this week I fished Lang Lang Beach (land based).

On the way there I noticed that the Lang Lang River was running a banker. It's as high as I've seen it in years.

Arriving at the beach it was obvious that the river was spewing huge quantities of silt and debris into the bay. The water was the colour of ox tail soup. Huge rafts of weed, debris and tree branches were being funnelled along the beach, pushed along by the huge volumes of water from the Lang Lang River.

Among the debris at times were some substantial sized tree branches, even logs. All this crap should be of great concern to anyone taking a boat on the water. Much of the larger debris is semi submerged and would be difficult to see.
I'm posting this as a note of caution to anyone fishing from a boat in the top end of Western port this week. A collision with some of this debris, particularly at speed, could be very, very dangerous.

On the fishing side of things, it was crap. Plenty of folks fishing today but doughnuts all round for everybody.
:water:

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Look Out For Logs

Post by Mattblack » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:21 am

I hit a log off Elwood yesterday....the water was filthy and there was a staggering amount of rubbish was on the beaches. Didn't even get a nibble, but nice to finally get on the water.

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 am

Good advice. I was staying in Coronet Bay over the weekend and had planned on fishing the Bass Rivers for EP...the rain certainly ruined those plans.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 pm

We that use Werribee South are very used to logs coming down the river
And some tree branches

Gra

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Texas wrote:We that use Werribee South are very used to logs coming down the river
And some tree branches

Gra
LOL :rofl:
I just knew that the brown mullet would get a mention.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”