Fishing sunday

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Fishing sunday

Post by Kimtown » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:52 am

rb85 wrote:Fished the run out at top end of WP yesterday after catching some fresh bait. Water was dirty from the run off I consistently removing weed from the rigs. As the tide eased the weed wasn't as thick I was rewarded with a snapper above 80cm weighing 7kg on a squid ring.
Damn great work. What boat were you in?

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 am

Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:Fished the run out at top end of WP yesterday after catching some fresh bait. Water was dirty from the run off I consistently removing weed from the rigs. As the tide eased the weed wasn't as thick I was rewarded with a snapper above 80cm weighing 7kg on a squid ring.
Haines Hunter. Found an area away from other boats. People seem to fish on top of each other and drive past other boats too close and too quick.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:40 am

rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Haines Hunter. Found an area away from other boats. People seem to fish on top of each other and drive past other boats too close and too quick.
I do agree

I got my pinky in the solitudes of the upper finger channels. Sounder was alive when I pulled up but unfortunately a seal was not far away either

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am

Well done was nice up there.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:25 am

Seen a fair few reports with decent snapper coming out of the top end over the weekend. Spewing I couldn't get out!

Vargs

Post by Vargs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:02 pm

I went out from Warneet on Sunday around 8am and came back at 4. As usual tried for a squid at Quail for a little while. None of course but one day things will change. Got some great tips in the afternoon so maybe next time.

We went to the first channel and had some small flatties but it was pretty quiet. Went to south of Eagles rock in 20m and there were a lot of boats there, probably after snapper. Outgoing current was really going and 8oz was not enough to hold bottom so I went shallower and further north to get more protection from the wind which had really picked up.

Had a good 90 minutes catching scad in 10 m on pippies and couta on small fillets. The scad look really healthy with many at 35cm and very thick. Good fun and the bait is sorted for next trip. Filleted 5 as my daughter really wants to eat some of the catch.

Catching a few fish, sipping coffee in the sun, sometimes life is good.
Attachments
IMG_1555.JPG
Big banjo from last trip
Scad and couta 17 Sep.jpg
Bait for next trip
IMG_1579.JPG
Enjoying the day out

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Vargs wrote:I went out from Warneet on Sunday around 8am and came back at 4. As usual tried for a squid at Quail for a little while. None of course but one day things will change. Got some great tips in the afternoon so maybe next time.

We went to the first channel and had some small flatties but it was pretty quiet. Went to south of Eagles rock in 20m and there were a lot of boats there, probably after snapper. Outgoing current was really going and 8oz was not enough to hold bottom so I went shallower and further north to get more protection from the wind which had really picked up.

Had a good 90 minutes catching scad in 10 m on pippies and couta on small fillets. The scad look really healthy with many at 35cm and very thick. Good fun and the bait is sorted for next trip. Filleted 5 as my daughter really wants to eat some of the catch.

Catching a few fish, sipping coffee in the sun, sometimes life is good.
Good stuff mate I would recommend getting some of the insertable snapper rack style rod holders.
https://www.ebay.com.au/p/3-way-fishing ... 7675.l2644

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Nice work Vargs.
Good catch.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”