Fishing sunday

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Fishing sunday

Post by Kimtown » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:15 am

Will be going for an early season snapper Sunday with the weather looking good. Had some luck with the gummies over winter but now I want a 5kg pre season snapper.

Quick question, with the water looking like filth right now, has anyone had any luck with squid around coronet bay? Also how's the whiting/salmon/couta/other various baitfish situation looking like?

Prawns and mainly pilchard got me by for the gummies, gonna need fresh bait for a snapper though unfortunately.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Fishing sunday

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Kimtown wrote:Will be going for an early season snapper Sunday with the weather looking good. Had some luck with the gummies over winter but now I want a 5kg pre season snapper.

Quick question, with the water looking like filth right now, has anyone had any luck with squid around coronet bay? Also how's the whiting/salmon/couta/other various baitfish situation looking like?

Prawns and mainly pilchard got me by for the gummies, gonna need fresh bait for a snapper though unfortunately.
just as a matter of interest fisheries are still asking fishos to not use Food Grade prawn as bait - I rang them yesterday to confirm that it is still an issue - they say it is as we don't know if the food grade prawn have come from the white spot infected areas
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Vargs

Post by Vargs » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Couta were thick last Sunday just out of Warneet. Caught 10 in Gentle Annie. Have seen others with some good whiting numbers but they have skills that I don't have.

adamk

Post by adamk » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Will be going for an early season snapper Sunday with the weather looking good. Had some luck with the gummies over winter but now I want a 5kg pre season snapper.

just as a matter of interest fisheries are still asking fishos to not use Food Grade prawn as bait - I rang them yesterday to confirm that it is still an issue - they say it is as we don't know if the food grade prawn have come from the white spot infected areas
like i said in the past there import prawns i know as where i work inport the prawns for hanabi/sunny that supply to coles an safeway they put bull lables instore for dumb dumbs to buy
even the ones that say Australia banana prawns there imported from asia tanlk breed ! was i wrong about how bad geelongstar was raping aus ? considering we stored there crap. so if your going to get prawns go to a fish market an ask. im lucky as i can talk to the pplz at footscray market an get straight answers as they get stuff from my work too o_0

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:06 am

cheaterparts wrote:

What really? Well that's just annoying :(

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:17 am

Kimtown wrote:
cheaterparts wrote:

What really? Well that's just annoying :(
sure is - most of the guys are now starting to use Australian Mantis Shrimp -- Fisheries say they are OK as Mantis Shrimp are wild caught , cheaper than Prawn to
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:01 pm

How do those prawns perform on snapper?

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:21 pm

1x 49cm pinkie
4x 45+cm rock ling

I was very hesitant to try rock ling as I'm easily turned off fish by their appearance, but my cousin encouraged me to try it. Without a doubt the best tasting fish I have ever tried. Do recommend if anyone happens to reel in the slug looking thing

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Nice catch :thumbsup:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:44 am

Fished the run out at top end of WP yesterday after catching some fresh bait. Water was dirty from the run off I consistently removing weed from the rigs. As the tide eased the weed wasn't as thick I was rewarded with a snapper above 80cm weighing 7kg on a squid ring.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”