Best landbased burley

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Best landbased burley

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am

Hey everyone, I’m just wondering what sort of burley to use land based for gummy sharks ect... guessing it’s half the reason I haven’t landed one as of yet.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Best landbased burley

Post by DougieK » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:04 am

Carl has some crazy recipe involving chicken pellets, oats, bread, fish oil and a scottishmans ejaculate.

I usually just carry in half a dozen loaves of bread and a L of tuna oil, take a little bucket and mix it up with some water when i get there to save weight on the walk in and out.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 am

Don’t burley for them if you have fresh bait. The scent from your fresh squid, salmon, trevally, yakkas etc etc.. is more than enough to draw a gummy shark into your area. They have awesome sense of smell. Burleying will just bring in rubbish.

Jay375

Post by Jay375 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:05 pm

When I burley I seem to draw heaps of rays in

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Cheers for all the replies fellas, I’ve got some fresh Aussie salmon and some frozen U.S squid. So hopefully this attracts some gummies tonight. Guess I won’t use any berley as don’t want to catch a big ass ray lol appreciate the feedback.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

A-a-ron wrote:Cheers for all the replies fellas, I’ve got some fresh Aussie salmon and some frozen U.S squid. So hopefully this attracts some gummies tonight. Guess I won’t use any berley as don’t want to catch a big ass ray lol appreciate the feedback.

Never worth fishing for them unless you have the fresh stuff imo, especially from the sand. Good luck! What area are you fishing tonight? What rig are you running as well?

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Yea fair call about the fresh stuff, been reading a lot about it. Thinking of heading to jam jerrup beach at high tide tonight about 7:56pm it starts so I’ll be there about 7pm till late. Was going to goto Lang Lang but with the weather up there looking really nice and no wind beside a 8km North/West and 24oC at 11-12pm you’d think a few would be out as tomorrow is looking like raining. Hoping with the emptish beach and sunset just after high tide starts, I’ll be in for a decent night. Just wish the moon was new or full and it’d be ideal! :water:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Good luck mate

A-a-ron

Post by A-a-ron » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 pm

smile0784 wrote:Good luck mate
Cheers mate.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:53 pm

A-a-ron wrote:Yea fair call about the fresh stuff, been reading a lot about it. Thinking of heading to jam jerrup beach at high tide tonight about 7:56pm it starts so I’ll be there about 7pm till late. Was going to goto Lang Lang but with the weather up there looking really nice and no wind beside a 8km North/West and 24oC at 11-12pm you’d think a few would be out as tomorrow is looking like raining. Hoping with the emptish beach and sunset just after high tide starts, I’ll be in for a decent night. Just wish the moon was new or full and it’d be ideal! :water:
It is full high tide at 8 and will start to run out, jam jerrup is one of those places where if your not fishing the rising tide - high tide there won’t be any accessible water to fish and you’ll get stuck in mud trying to cast out to the water. A better alternative imo would be to walk to stockyard point left of jam jerrup, where it’s ideal to fish the last two hours of run out first two hours of run in.

The full moon is at the end of next week, might be worth saving your trip for sometime during the week leading up to the moon where the low tide will be closer to sunset allowing you to fish the whole run in tide under darkness.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”