Lang Lang report march

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Lang Lang report march

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Well after much nagging by the deckie, I gave in to give some landbased a try. The hardest bit was finding all my landbased surf gear, plus we also had three extra hangeroners.

Decided to leave early hopefully to beat the hordes to Lang Lang, only to arrive and find we almost had the whole area to ourselves. Setting up the rods, one Frankenstien, Surf Assasion, Okuma, Penn. My daughter and her friends were the hangeroners.

The deckie and I were showing off our superior surf casting skills, counting done the seconds until we heard the splash, the girls preferred to cast their own rods and the sound of the splashes as the sinkers hit the water were louder than ours.

Nothing seemed to happen for an hour or so, and one of my daughters friends has commandeered the Frankenstein that was cast almost 45 degrees to where we were, when her rod tip registered a bite, which then zoomed northwards only to switch back and zoom off into a southerly direction. Eventually a barely legal gummy was winched in, and released. Other rods scored a legal salmon, followed by a miniature salmon.

The highlite was another hit on the Frankenstien, but sadly the drag was way too tight, that Arnie would have had trouble gaining line, so we had a bustoff.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Lang Lang report march

Post by purple5ive » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Well atleast you got out there and had a crack mate.
The elephants will be there soon if not already

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:50 am

Sounds like a.fun session.
Better then nothing

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times