Lang Lang Land Based

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
WayneK

Lang Lang Land Based

Post by WayneK » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:57 am

Hi Everyone,

Because Melbourne's weather forecast for Tuesday afternoon and evening was so mild and good I thought I'd check the tide times out for the eastern side of Western Port Bay. The high tide coincided with dusk and so I took my two boys down to Lang Lang for a land-based session off the beach. Armed with our trusty 12 foot rods and a packet of Gotcha squid heads we set up 'base' a few metres from the car. This was a good idea because there were a few electrical storms around us but none that were close enough to create thunder. The sea was like a mill pond and there was zero breeze - perfect from a comfort perspective. We cast our lines and waited, 'chewing the fat' and telling a few stories as fathers and sons do. Almost right on the high tide mark, my 10 year-old son's reel suddenly started shedding line under a very light drag. He was quick to pounce but had the composure to wait.... then he struck and nailed his second gummy shark for the season. It was of a legal size but was a very thin fish and so my boy took great pleasure in making sure it was well before releasing it back into to the bay. The three of us sat there in shorts and T-shirts until 9.30 pm, totally satisfied with our efforts. Honestly, it doesn't get any better than this from a father's point of view - only wish my eldest had caught something too (but he nailed a very nice pinkie, last time out!).

Rbow

Re: Lang Lang Land Based

Post by Rbow » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 am

Great report. My dad is now 82 and still loves fishing. Our roles are now reversed and I take him fishing ! Tie his rigs and lines, bait up etc as his eyesight and coordination isn't what it used to be. But hey, still great father son bonding opportunities.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 am

Cant beat that evening

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:42 am

Lovely mate, thats what its all about spending some quality time together that the lads will remember forever.
yu
Rbow, thats exactly what im doing now as well. :victory:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am

Sounds like a top evening with your sons mate.
That’s what it’s all about. Nice report :thumbsup:

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:22 am

Its when the kids catch something they come back. Too many are put off by being dragged along on cold miserable days and catching nothing.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:40 pm

great read nice your kids like fishing too

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Sounds like a great evening nice work

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”