Quick WP report

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Quick WP report

Postby Kimtown » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:13 pm

Started early, first light. A couple nice squid @ 35cm for fresh bait. Went to the corals and sounded around for a snapper for the outgoing tide change around 11. Marked up some decent fish but nothing seemed interested. Heaps of salmon though which allowed us to keep the squid for the table.. yew yew. Anyway time went on and ended up with a 41cm pinky, not bad for a first outing I suppose. Plus heaps and heaps of salmon for the freezer and a couple for the table for whoever is dumb enough to eat them.

All in all, mint day on the water. Glass all morning!



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7083
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Quick WP report

Postby smile0784 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Can't complain about that lol

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8917
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Quick WP report

Postby Lightningx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Sounds like not a bad morning at all!
Well done mate :thumbsup:

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: Quick WP report

Postby dazz999 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:11 pm

nice not many salmon done this way

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Quick WP report

Postby Kimtown » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Nothing braggable but a nice pic of the bait collection ready to hit the freezer

Image

And the perfect conditions for the day

Image

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8917
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Quick WP report

Postby Lightningx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Kimtown wrote:Nothing braggable but a nice pic of the bait collection ready to hit the freezer

Image

And the perfect conditions for the day

Image

Nice haul there mate :thumbsup:



Remove these ads.

Redhunter
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1004
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Quick WP report

Postby Redhunter » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Was a great w/e to be out on the water. Although not huge, you got a number on the board and come home with a nice feed and some good baits for the next sesh. Gotta call that a success I reckon mate!

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Quick WP report

Postby Kimtown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 am

Redhunter wrote:Was a great w/e to be out on the water. Although not huge, you got a number on the board and come home with a nice feed and some good baits for the next sesh. Gotta call that a success I reckon mate!

Definitely a fun day on the water! A few fish for the table is just a bonus.

What's the best way to cook salmon guys?

Redhunter
Rank: Bream
Rank: Bream
Posts: 1004
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Quick WP report

Postby Redhunter » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Redhunter wrote:Was a great w/e to be out on the water. Although not huge, you got a number on the board and come home with a nice feed and some good baits for the next sesh. Gotta call that a success I reckon mate!

Definitely a fun day on the water! A few fish for the table is just a bonus.

What's the best way to cook salmon guys?


The only salmon I'll eat are those that are prepped correctly. Firstly they need to be bled upon capture. Then filleted and skinned. Remove the rib bones and any excess bloodlines. Then lathered in flour and cooked in a pan or on the bbq with plenty of oil. Much of the crappy taste with salmon comes from the blood and skin, similar with snapper. Give it a try one day and you may be surprised.

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Quick WP report

Postby Kimtown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Redhunter wrote:Was a great w/e to be out on the water. Although not huge, you got a number on the board and come home with a nice feed and some good baits for the next sesh. Gotta call that a success I reckon mate!

Definitely a fun day on the water! A few fish for the table is just a bonus.

What's the best way to cook salmon guys?


The only salmon I'll eat are those that are prepped correctly. Firstly they need to be bled upon capture. Then filleted and skinned. Remove the rib bones and any excess bloodlines. Then lathered in flour and cooked in a pan or on the bbq with plenty of oil. Much of the crappy taste with salmon comes from the blood and skin, similar with snapper. Give it a try one day and you may be surprised.

Damn, well I didn't bleed any of these ones :( I wish I knew that now. Oh well.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Warneet To San Remo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests