Warneet pier, 8/2/13

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
alexdefig

Warneet pier, 8/2/13

Post by alexdefig » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Howdy

Fished the big pier over sunset for run in tide. Managed 4 bay tout, 4 sml whiting (barely legal) & 1 mullet. Returned all except mullet which was filleted and thrown out on surf rod with 250m of 30lb line. Sure enough what i assume was a big ray grabbed it and peeled most of the line off in 2 runs. Managed to get back about 50mts then busted off. Would like to think it was a mulloway, but the small shakes i did feel were most likely wing movements. All in all a good night, very crowded though.

Cheers, Alex

katiebell

Re: Warneet pier, 8/2/13

Post by katiebell » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 pm

What stage was the tide at and time of day was the run?how easy was it getting the 50m back that you did?

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 pm

mullet fillet good shark bait out that way you just do not know
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

alexdefig

Post by alexdefig » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:06 pm

katiebell wrote:What stage was the tide at and time of day was the run?how easy was it getting the 50m back that you did?
It was just b4 the high tide change, about 11pm. Nup, i was pulling like f#@k to get the line back, felt like i was dragging a fat kid with a bucket of fried chicken along the seabed. Then it took off side ways and broke off. My money was on a big eagle ray, I've pulled them in at 1mt wide no probs, but this thing was unstoppable.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”