Wtb shimano sephia 01T

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Wtb shimano sephia 01T

Post by ducky » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:39 am

Hey guys.

Been on the lookout for this jig for ages now. If someone can find them in stock anywhere it would be much appreciated. Happy to go anywhere to pick them up.

Fishsniper

Re: Wtb shimano sephia 01T

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:32 am

Ducky, I love your passion for fishing but to go to such lengths for a jig is a little bit concerning, there comes a time when you have to realise that there is a little bit of propaganda when it comes to squid jigs, don't let marketing fool you too much, you can get just as good quality jigs for a quarter of the price, squid are stupid and will attack anything that moves when they decide to eat, I don't have a problem with people buying stuff but it seems you now have more equipment than fish you have actually caught, don't worry I am the same but I just can't be fooled by the squid jig market, just my opinion :a_goodjob:

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:09 am

Might have to get that colour from overseas.

They killed that colour in Oz a while back.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:16 am

It didn't take long for this to pop up once you worked out what it was, good luck on your search but like poodoo said you'll probably have to start scouring japan
Fishsniper wrote:Ducky, I love your passion for fishing but to go to such lengths for a jig is a little bit concerning, there comes a time when you have to realise that there is a little bit of propaganda when it comes to squid jigs, don't let marketing fool you too much, you can get just as good quality jigs for a quarter of the price, squid are stupid and will attack anything that moves when they decide to eat, I don't have a problem with people buying stuff but it seems you now have more equipment than fish you have actually caught, don't worry I am the same but I just can't be fooled by the squid jig market, just my opinion :a_goodjob:
I would like to see you fish next to one of the top squid guys using good gear and see how quickly your mind changes, a different jig has been the difference between 1 and 10 squid some days.

adtrac

Post by adtrac » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:37 am

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Good luck on getting the jig .

As far as jig debate goes , jig that worked well ten years ago on squid, well work just as well on squid today.
Not like squid have evolved.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:01 pm

bowl wrote:Good luck on getting the jig .

As far as jig debate goes , jig that worked well ten years ago on squid, well work just as well on squid today.
Not like squid have evolved.
Well said Bowl, I remember catching hundreds of squid on the old baited jig 30 years ago, either the squid have got smarter or anglers have got dumber, and as far as so called expert squid fisherman go , well all I can say is that the Japanese are very good at marketing, I would still like to go up against these so called experts with an old fiberglass rod and some Kamakazi jigs, squid are not predominately prawn eaters they actually hang around whiting beds and chase them as well all the other fish species in the bay, if they had to rely on eating prawns they would starve to death, just saying ;-)

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:05 pm

I am sure Ducky knows what he wants! :)
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Rod Bender wrote:I am sure Ducky knows what he wants! :)
:thumbsup:

and I want a mermaid too. where did you catch that one?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:57 pm

In my tackle box... Haven't seen one in a store for a while though. All gone I'd say.

It's a specific wanted to buy thread. It's not a thread to carry on about all this and that isn't needed blah blah bull opinionated argument that's been done to death.
You can catch the stupid bloody things on a handline very easily, why are you even carrying on about using a rod?
Whys there hundreds of different car makes and models? We don't need them all. We all drive on the same **** roads with the same somewhat ultra conservative speed limits...
Anyone can fish the bays from a tinny so why have these flash $100k boats going around?
Why even have rods and reels for **** sake when you only need a spear or handline at most?
Get the **** over it. Some people like to have absolutely every advantage possible. You don't and no one but yourself gives two ***** about it

What was the price of a crap razorback in the 90s? About $7 or something? $20 for a Shimano, Yamashita etc. these days accounting for inflation etc. doesn't look so bloody bad now does it?

Return to “Show us your purchases”