Re: Covied safe app

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri May 01, 2020 9:02 pm

bowl wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:48 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:40 pm
westvic wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 pm
Seriously can not understand why people are more trusting of foreign owned companies with their data than their own elected government.
Because it isn't foreign owned companies that put you under house arrest or fine you for going for a drive or sunbaking at the beach, or God forbid go fishing.
Geez sook it up mate ,not like it's been 6 months in lockdown....
Think a older bloke would have more patience
Maybe, but it doesn't make what I said untrue.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:02 pm
bowl wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:48 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
westvic wrote:
Seriously can not understand why people are more trusting of foreign owned companies with their data than their own elected government.
Because it isn't foreign owned companies that put you under house arrest or fine you for going for a drive or sunbaking at the beach, or God forbid go fishing.
Geez sook it up mate ,not like it's been 6 months in lockdown....
Think a older bloke would have more patience
Maybe, but it doesn't make what I said untrue.
It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

An app gets released that acts as a way of reducing the duration of the lockdown you've been so vocal against yet you aren't willing to get it. At the same time you are willing to use south korea as an example of why a lock down isn't necessary even though they used far more personal data to trace people who had been in contact with anyone who had tested positive as a means of containing the virus
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

ronan
Has liked: 91 times

Post by ronan » Fri May 01, 2020 10:10 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:44 pm
bowl wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:22 pm
FB_IMG_1588322561020.jpg :rf: :rf:
You think it's funny but what isn't funny is that Australia's coronavirus tracing app's data storage contract goes offshore to Amazon.
However, it is actually stored on an Amazon server in Australia. The app doesn’t even use Gps, and only bluetooth so to be honest I can’t imagine what you’re afraid of.

(The Guardian)
What personal data is collected?

The name you choose to provide, your age range, your phone number, and your postcode.

“Morrison said that while the data will be held by the federal government, only state health authorities charged with contact tracing will be able to access it. He says federal agencies including Centrelink, Home Affairs and others will not be able to access the data.”
-
If I were a techno skeptic as some of you have expressed you are, I’d be more concerned about most other applications on my phone such as google maps, facebook, instagram etc

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 pm

Gee here’s a thing I don’t do Facebook don’t allow any app to know my location unless I say yes then turn it off. Paranoid maybe but why when talking to my wife does adverts suddenly appear on the subject we have just discussed. And amazing that the government could come up with a killer app so secure in just a short space of time probably made in India like the 737 max flight control fly by wire program gone to the lowest bidder.

ronan
Has liked: 91 times

Post by ronan » Fri May 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 pm
Gee here’s a thing I don’t do Facebook don’t allow any app to know my location unless I say yes then turn it off. Paranoid maybe but why when talking to my wife does adverts suddenly appear on the subject we have just discussed. And amazing that the government could come up with a killer app so secure in just a short space of time probably made in India like the 737 max flight control fly by wire program gone to the lowest bidder.
So you’re against the app because it was made quickly and efficiently in a time where we most need it? And once again, remember the app does not use gps, so it cannot track your location.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri May 01, 2020 11:11 pm

Quickly and efficiently like the Boeing 737 max flight control program yes

westvic
Has liked: 156 times

Post by westvic » Fri May 01, 2020 11:26 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
westvic wrote:
so you are under house arrest?? I'm not. care to share why you are under house arrest??

probably nit picking but please be careful with what you actually say as I think this is a legal term

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri May 01, 2020 11:27 pm

mazman wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 pm
It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

An app gets released that acts as a way of reducing the duration of the lockdown you've been so vocal against yet you aren't willing to get it. At the same time you are willing to use south korea as an example of why a lock down isn't necessary even though they used far more personal data to trace people who had been in contact with anyone who had tested positive as a means of containing the virus
What IS ridiculous is the CMO admitting that the virus transmission rate is now so low that he doesn't even put up a graphical representation of all but two state's data. What is even more ridiculous is Chairman Dan will ignore whatever the PM, the CMO announce anyway....with or without the you beaut Covid app.

westvic
Has liked: 156 times

Post by westvic » Fri May 01, 2020 11:30 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-01/ ... k/12205304

pretty clear to me......if you want to go fishing get on the ap

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri May 01, 2020 11:30 pm

westvic wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:26 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
westvic wrote:
so you are under house arrest?? I'm not. care to share why you are under house arrest??

probably nit picking but please be careful with what you actually say as I think this is a legal term
I am not in the least worried about legal terms at this stage, but yes, 'house arrest' is pretty close to the mark as is 'Police state' for what is going on. Is it not true you may only leave your house for state approved purposes which the Police enforce?

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”