Saturdays Charter

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
Bodz

Saturdays Charter

Post by Bodz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Hello All,
Me and 4 other friends went on a PPB charter for an 8 Hr fish trip yesterday. Up early and at the Hotties ramp at 5:00 am. Operator tried a couple of spots with the 3rd spot producing only a few (Baby, well undersize) pinkies, Few more stops later and as hard as he tried we ended up with as, as I've noticed on this forum the term is "DONUTS" on the snapper. Had 1 run of something, but didn't make it to the boat. After 8 Hours fishing, all we ended up with was "less than a feed" of small flatties. Were not all that happy.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Saturdays Charter

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Bodz wrote:Hello All,
Me and 4 other friends went on a PPB charter for an 8 Hr fish trip yesterday. Up early and at the Hotties ramp at 5:00 am. Operator tried a couple of spots with the 3rd spot producing only a few (Baby, well undersize) pinkies, Few more stops later and as hard as he tried we ended up with as, as I've noticed on this forum the term is "DONUTS" on the snapper. Had 1 run of something, but didn't make it to the boat. After 8 Hours fishing, all we ended up with was "less than a feed" of small flatties. Were not all that happy.
That is understandable about being unhappy, but winding up with DONUTS is the risk we take every time we go fishing and for example I used the same charter 3 weeks apart, the first time we all had 3 snapper each and the second time, we caught few flathead and undesized pinkies, he extended the charter but by this time I was so tired I couldnt have cared less about catching a snapper. We did wind up with 3 just legal pinkies.

but it will not stop me from using this charter, as he works hard to put his clients onto fish.

Lots of people by all reports are finding it hard to catch snapper at present.

Bodz

Post by Bodz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Wolly,
I didn't want to bag anybody, that's why I haven't and wont name the Operator, caus as I stated he did work hard to try to get us onto the fish.
But as you can imagine it was a disappointing day.

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Mate that's fishing! At least the bloke tried hard to get you onto them. You shouldn't be disappointed dude, just more determined for your next charter. Cheers
Cheers
The Tube

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Mate I know how you feel.
I've been out on a charter from Mornington earlier this year and to say the skipper was useless would be a very polite understatement.
They were driving all over, didn't have burley and kept moving even when we had a few bites and were catching pinkies and I caught a small gummy 2cm short of legal size Bangg
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 pm

How much do these charters cost?
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Cost vary but some are $150 per person
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Bodz

Post by Bodz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:17 pm

it was 6 people @ 150ea

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

FishnMiss wrote:Mate I know how you feel.
I've been out on a charter from Mornington earlier this year and to say the skipper was useless would be a very polite understatement.
They were driving all over, didn't have burley and kept moving even when we had a few bites and were catching pinkies and I caught a small gummy 2cm short of legal size Bangg
From what you say, sounds like the bloke didn't give the spots a chance! And without using berley, he wasn't giving you guys a chance on the fish. As you have probably read in the werribee snapper posts, we berley hard! Give each spot at least an hour. The spots we fish consistently produce fish and it usually takes around 20 mins for the fish to get excited at nude ups spots. Anytime we try new areas, 1 hour min. I'd change charter operators. Cheers
Cheers
The Tube

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:40 pm

tuna tube wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:Mate I know how you feel.
From what you say, sounds like the bloke didn't give the spots a chance! And without using berley, he wasn't giving you guys a chance on the fish. As you have probably read in the werribee snapper posts, we berley hard! Give each spot at least an hour. The spots we fish consistently produce fish and it usually takes around 20 mins for the fish to get excited at nude ups spots. Anytime we try new areas, 1 hour min. I'd change charter operators. Cheers
Thanks Tuna,
Yeah I'm completely weaned off charters now. A couple of months ago we hired a boat from Warneet side through Groupon & had about 6 hours of fun. We made our own Berley. Worked out at $30 each, def worth it :thumbsup:
Otherwise I'm sticking to my LB hotspots that land me a better feed than charters.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”