Portland Charter - What would you fish for?

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
rabah 01

Re: Portland Charter - What would you fish for?

Post by rabah 01 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:09 am

pilko wrote:The barrels are great the only drama is if your on a mixed charter you might not get a crack at it. If its a charter between mate you can pass the rod around better. Then the boat can spend 3 + hours on that one fish. Lots get dropped towards the end off the fight so you have lost all that fishing time. I think school fish are best for your first time tuna fishing so you all get a go at it. Either way you will not complain if you get a barrel on believe me. Give Rodger a call and he will sort you out.
Yeah thats the problem pilko. we would prefer to have our own charter and i think with red hot if we get 5ppl the charter is ours but they head out with a minimum of 4ppl. I currently have 3 confirmed. Seaspray require min. of 6 otherwise you have to share.
Ill keep looking hopefully get more numbers and try and book in the next week or so, so i dont miss out!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Portland Charter - What would you fish for?

Post by ducky » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 am

A few years ago now we booked with think big and had a great time. Catching plenty or tuna to around 15kg. I recommend Shaun highly.

However if I was heading down to book a charter again I would choose Simon rinaldi on red hot fishing charters. That bloke has them absolutely dialed in. He scored multiple barrels for clients last year too.

Go with the attitude that you have an 80% chance of catching fish. And a 1% chance at a barrel.

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”