Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Don Lake - Healesville today

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 08, 2016 10:25 am

DR.SPESH wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
DR.SPESH wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Well done catching the redfins mate. Sorry to hear about the big one that got away.
The Redfin bite within 5 minutes of the bait hitting the water so it's a bit of fun.
I bet that keeps the kids entertained :thumbsup:
Yeah it's really good for them mate. My missus has secondry breast cancer in her bones and can hardly walk ATM so when I can! I try to get them out of the house for an hour or 2. It takes my mind off things too. That's fishing bro. Staring at the end of the rod waiting for a bite is pure meditation for me ATM.
I understand that feeling very well. Sometimes if I have had a bad day packing my rods and going fishing is what I need. I don't need to be catching fish. Just sitting somewhere quiet and peaceful by the water is everything :)

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sun May 08, 2016 11:29 am

Lightningx wrote:
DR.SPESH wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
DR.SPESH wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Well done catching the redfins mate. Sorry to hear about the big one that got away.
The Redfin bite within 5 minutes of the bait hitting the water so it's a bit of fun.
I bet that keeps the kids entertained :thumbsup:
Yeah it's really good for them mate. My missus has secondry breast cancer in her bones and can hardly walk ATM so when I can! I try to get them out of the house for an hour or 2. It takes my mind off things too. That's fishing bro. Staring at the end of the rod waiting for a bite is pure meditation for me ATM.
I understand that feeling very well. Sometimes if I have had a bad day packing my rods and going fishing is what I need. I don't need to be catching fish. Just sitting somewhere quiet and peaceful by the water is everything :)
:thumbsup: :water:

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sun May 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Another 8 today with the biggest going 32cm.

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sun May 15, 2016 3:21 pm

DR.SPESH wrote:Another 8 today with the biggest going 32cm.
Fished for an hour.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Well done mate. What was the stand out bait?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 15, 2016 4:36 pm

DR.SPESH wrote:Another 8 today with the biggest going 32cm.
Nice one mate :thumbsup:

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Sun May 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Well done mate. What was the stand out bait?
Worms. Takes about 10 minutes to get 1st bite but once you attract them to your bait just keep casting in the same spot and the bites will come almost instantly.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Mon May 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Very envious of you at the moment - haven't been up there since about this time last year.
Been so busy lately haven't been fishing full stop for a few months.
Think I am seriously going to have to down tools and make the trip up to Healesville and try my luck again. Had trout there but never managed a redfin.

DR.SPESH

Post by DR.SPESH » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:09 am

ChrisD wrote:Very envious of you at the moment - haven't been up there since about this time last year.
Think I am seriously going to have to down tools and make the trip up to Healesville and try my luck again. Had trout there but never managed a redfin.
Went again for a 2 hour fish and caught I've 10 Redfin. Seems to be a lot feeding lately. Funny thing was I'm sitting there catching plenty on my cheap kmart sticks while a friendly coarse fishermen using $$$$$ worth of equipment sat next to me and caught zilch.
Worth the trip mate, use worms and I can promise you heaps of action at the moment. Only small but there is Redfin to 50cm in there. 400 trout get released these school holidays.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 am

DR.SPESH wrote:
ChrisD wrote:Very envious of you at the moment - haven't been up there since about this time last year.
Went again for a 2 hour fish and caught I've 10 Redfin. Seems to be a lot feeding lately. Funny thing was I'm sitting there catching plenty on my cheap kmart sticks while a friendly coarse fishermen using $$$$$ worth of equipment sat next to me and caught zilch.
Worth the trip mate, use worms and I can promise you heaps of action at the moment. Only small but there is Redfin to 50cm in there. 400 trout get released these school holidays.
Nice one mate. Was that this morning?

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”