Rowville lakes

Master-pro

Rowville lakes

Post by Master-pro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Has anyone fished Rowville with success recently, I have a few tassie devils i'm wanting to try
but i'm not sure whick lake to use them in! :?
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Re: Rowville lakes

Post by ChrisD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:18 am

The big lake is your best bet, that is where I have had my strikes....no fish landed as yet though.
The other two lakes i have not even been able to get a strike on. The area in front of the park seems to be the best bet.

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 am

You would have better luck at frog hollow reserve in endeavour hills bro. Google it it's about another 15 minute drive. You also have some lakes ponds behind basketball stadium on stud rd just after freeway

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 am

other option is to head out to lilydale lake. use your tassie over at the dam wall, late afternoon, evening.
Problem at Rowville is that after it is stocked each time people come and fish it out within weeks. i have seen people leave with a dozen fish at times......means the lake gets fished out quickily.

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am

ChrisD wrote:other option is to head out to lilydale lake. use your tassie over at the dam wall, late afternoon, evening.
Problem at Rowville is that after it is stocked each time people come and fish it out within weeks. i have seen people leave with a dozen fish at times......means the lake gets fished out quickily.
Hey ChrisD your right the limit is 5 Slamanoids as outlined by parks victoria but no one seems to care...
I haven't tried Lilydale lakes yet I might give that a go always like trying new places.

Plenty of carp have been caught at Frog hollow in the last 3 weeks i have pulled up 3 in the last 2 weeks 1kg 2 2kg's and another which snapped my leader (8lb flouro) should have played it a little longer before trying to land it had to have been over 3.5kg.

I find the best spot there is on the drain casting betweent he island and the weeds... caught on bread and corn dipped in vanilla essence...

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Not sure if it just due to it's size, but Lilydale Lake seems to hold fish better than Rowville. Had my biggest ever trout from there.
Alot of the other stocked lakes are much smaller and the way some people treat them as free fish farms is frustrating....also wonder how many even have fishing licences.
Made anote of Frog Hollow Reserve, might have to give it ago at some stage.

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”