Emerald Lake tonight!

Master-pro

Re: Emerald Lake tonight!

Post by Master-pro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Looks like a normal brown to me...
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

wading not drowning

Post by wading not drowning » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Trout coloration on the inside and outside is dependent on environment /diet.It was in fact an unusual buttery gold,it was a nice looking fish.

Steff

Post by Steff » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Yeah trolling for trout at eildon not long ago and all the trout were green.
So i went fishing on her birthday, .. Hey! She'll have another one!

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Steff wrote:Yeah trolling for trout at eildon not long ago and all the trout were green.
Around the 35-40cm length roughy ? . I have found the smaller browns in lakes start of with a silverish background colour to them, like in a river/stream ( forget the spots for now ) , then as they get around the 35-40 cm seem a silverish/green , then as they get above that go that golden yellowish colour like stated above (and in the picture above , by the way nice trout ! ).
I've never caught a trout from a fresh running stream/river that 'strong' a yellowish colour compared to those i have caught in lakes . Just my finding over the years.
A lake definatly gives off more of a 'brackish' water than a fresh running river/stream contributing to the colour too imo. I noticed this with tropical fish i had years back , I introduced some species into warmer tropical brackish water, and thier colour changed dramatically, brighter and more colourful. They seemed happier too ! , true. Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”