Rowville lakes

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Rowville lakes

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:05 pm

well went down there again for 4 hours, alot more people fishing there today, counted about 5 others and a dude with a big net...
saw 1 fish jump for some Mud skippers close to the bank and that was it... tried 2 rods, 1 with bait (corn or dough) using a Pulley rig to cast it out pretty far, the other rod just using a tassie devil or a little red celta...
think hours will have to be put in to get a carp or something, unless i wait until they re stock the lakes again....

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 pm

DPI stocked Rowville in 2012 July and Sept - but it gets fished out really quick unfortnately, too many people taking all they can, seen it too many times and it gets frustrating, I don't mind people taking a few fish each from stocked lakes, but when you see people leave with a dozen or more it's just selfish. I would say we will be looking about the same time frame again this year so we have a bit of a wait on our hands.
Lilydale lake was much the same Aug and Sept stockings, only differance at Lilydale is the lake is so much bigger, so you have to work hard for the fish, but also means they seem to last longer.

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Lilydale gets stocked every school hols and at other times for events.

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 pm

i dont know why people want to keep the fish out of lakes like rowville anyway, not exactly a nice fresh flowing, un polluted steam... see plenty of old rubbish in the water... im going to look at targeting carp there and some other lakes, lilydale wouldnt have carp anymore since it got drained would it? i work in doncaster and have often thought about going to ruffey park lake to catch some carp or redfin, others have told me there is heaps in there.

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:54 pm

went down there to rowville again today for a couple of hours, saw a couple of fish jump but no bites... another bloke was there fly fishing

Return to “Family Fishing Lakes”